Room after room I checked. Each one as empty as the last. That was until I reached Mitch's room. Kathleen was perched nervously at the edge of his bed. She jumped when I came barging in.

"Where is everyone?" I asked instantly.

"They all had to go."

"Where?" I demanded, baring down on her.

"I can't say."

"Did they go the fight the Steffens?" I asked.

"How did you know?"

I felt an ache in my chest at the words.

"No!" I whispered, falling onto the bed.

They had gone. I wasn't too sure who I was more worried for. My family or my mate. I knew Jace wouldn't hurt my family, but that didn't mean they wouldn't try to kill him. They had already said they would kill all alpha heir to the pack. That meant Jace, and possibly my own baby, if they ever found out who the father is. Jace would fight back, but he wouldn't kill them. Something inside me told me he wouldn't kill my family and friends for my sake. That meant he would most likely die.

I could stop all the fighting though. All I had to do was tell everyone he's my mate. That would stop my family from trying to kill him. Jace doesn't think that will hold off his father, but maybe my family would be able to help knock some sense into him.

"You have to take me to them!" I demanded, tears prickling in my eyes.

"I can't. I was left here to protect you."

"You don't understand! I have to go. I can stop all the fighting."

I leaped up off the bed, and bolted towards the door. Kathleen was faster though, and pinned me against the wall. I struggled to get free, but even though there was adrenaline soaring through my veins, I couldn't overpower her.

"There is nothing you can do. This is the fight that will finally determine which pack is above the other. You don't have to worry. Your family has known this would happen for a while. They have a plan. They are prepared to kill the alpha and his son. That way there will be no heir to the pack."

I shook my head, feeling the burning tears streak down my face. I had to tell her. She was my only way to stop the fighting. I had no idea where they were. I had no way of even getting out of this place without her tackling me down. I needed to tell her the truth. It was bound to come out eventually, so I might as well tell her so I can save my family and mate.

"There will still be an heir to the pack though."

"What do you mean? Jace is the alpha's only child," she said, sounding confused.

I knew my family wouldn't hurt me. I doubted they would hurt my baby, but if my Dad lost control, then there was no telling how far he would go to destroy the other pack. I had to risk it though. If I didn't tell anyone, then Jace would probably be killed. That would lead to the babies and my own death. This way my baby would have a chance at least.

"True, but Jace also has a child."

"What do you mean he has a child? Nobody knows about this. How could you?" She asked.

"He doesn't even know he has a child yet."

"Then how do you know?" She asked.

"Because... because Jace is my mate, and I'm pregnant with his baby."

Kathleen's jaw dropped. She stared at me for a long time, completely frozen. I snapped my fingers impatiently in front of her face. She shook her head, coming back to reality.