My room is at the very top of the lonely building, dropping all of my bags onto the bed. I resist the urge to just cry when I get into the shower, finally washing off all the dirt and disgust on my body. I stand there, letting the water drip onto my body in utter silence. My mind drifts off to Harry, and I bite the inside of my cheek at the feeling of a cry pushing up my throat. I can't cry. I just can't.

He's alive according to Liam, but how do I even know if that's true? How do I know anything anymore? I'm going to have to keep to myself, trust myself. If there's one thing I've learned, it is probably that in my life, no one can be trusted. The ones I did are gone in theory.

I don't know how I got into the bed, towel wrapped around me and drying hair all over the white sheets, but I wake up in that position. I look to a clock and notice I've slept almost thirteen hours, it being close to noon by now. I rub my eyes and yawn, grabbing the towel and pulling it off of me.

Once I'm dressed in black pants and a white t-shirt that was a size too small unfortunately, I grab the pistol I've placed on the bedside table and check for now many bullets it has. Plenty enough for me or for whatever use I'd need it.

I shove it in my backpack and strap it on before heading out. I drive to the nearest electronic shop, on my way guessing. I purchase a phone and a card that allows me to make a phone call, my lips pursed as I drive to a cafe, and sit outside. Before I'm even waited on, I nervously dial a phone number very well known to me.

"Hello?" Her sweet voice answers, unsure of who she's speaking with.

I smile and raspily whisper, "Hey, grandma. It's Catalina. How's England? How's...Paige doing?"

"Catalina, sweetheart!" She gasps lovingly. "Hi, oh my goodness. Sweetie...everything's good. Everything is great. Paige is fine. Everything is just going well. But you...Catalina, how are things with you? You haven't called in forever."

Relief floods over me and I swirl a thin, black straw into my hot coffee, faint smile on my lips. Paige is alive. That means that son of a bitch, Fray, lied to me. What else could he have been lying about, I don't know. "I'm...doing fine. Could be better," I respond quietly.

She sighs, a caring tone as she gently states, "Darling, you can come here anytime you want. Stay here with me...if your father wants you to, that is. I know how he is. So overprotective about his oldest child. But...tuh...you can come over here and relax. We can have fun and Paige...I know she misses her sister. I can see it, but she's a tough one. Never wants to look emotional."

I chuckle just as the waiter comes by with my carefully made turkey sandwich. I signal him a thank you while I say, "Grandma, that's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. I think I'm going to stay with you. In England."

I can hear her happy intake of breath. "Really? That's great! Just know I'll gladly take you in, and we'll have a blast. I've been trying to stay hip for Paige...but...it seems it's not working."

Smiling, I huff, "It's just because no one is hip enough for Paige."

"Look at you. Already defending me," she mumbles playfully. "Anyway, any news?"

Woo, if only she knew. "Uh...no not really. I just wanted to call and check up on you guys. I know I've been slacking at that."

"No worries, sweetie. At least you took time. And when will you be coming to England?"

I hum. "It's September eighth...and the twentieth of November is that little show dad goes to in Vegas. And well...I still have something to take care of."

"Okay. Just call whenever you're coming. I've got plenty of room."

"Thanks, Grandma."

Eventually, I finish my food with a thankful goodbye to the waiter. I leave a generous tip, then continue to drive around, furthering into city perimeter, until I'm surrounded by countless stores. If I'm going to blend in at my father's friend's annual party that he so attends every year, I better dress accordingly.