Chapter Thirty-two

Start from the beginning

They both chuckled at the same time. "Let's go downstairs" Kate said.

"Lovely hat, Em" Mom added while we stepped down.

I blushed crimson, "Kate gave it to me. Apparently, I can't go without one."

Mom nodded.

Great.

Well, I couldn't take the thing out now, so I better get used to it...

As soon as my feet touched the last step, the bell rang. Kate turned to look at me beaming as well as Mom. My mouth felt completely dry and my eyes must have been really wide. I was frozen on the spot. Kate realized this and rolled her eyes again before opening the door.

Seriously, one of these days, she would permanently damage her eyes from rolling them so much.

Sean appeared on the other side of the door and after looking at me for a second, he smiled at me. He was, as usually, dressed in a black suit with a white shirt. He had the little thingy over his ear and took a step aside to let Scott pass through.

The time seemed to stop.

As cheesy as it may sound, it did feel like that...

Oh my God...

I held my breath.

He looked absolutely and amazingly gorgeous.

He was wearing a black suit with a dark grey shirt. His collar was unbuttoned. His hair was a little bit shorter and was styled messily as usual. His dark  eyes were staring at me intensely.

God, I missed him...

"Love the hat." His voice was dark and seductive.

It took me a minute to respond to him. I didn't know if he was teasing me or complementing me. One thing was for sure. His smirk was wide and he watched me amused.

Everything and everyone was forgotten.

I smiled at him as I narrowed my eyes at him, pretending to glare at him. Obviously it didn't work at all. My smile was too wide and goofy to actually turn into a teasing scowl.

I really didn't mind, though. I was just extremely happy that he was here.

Scott stepped forward and his arms encircled me. His minty breath was a little ragged and he pressed his forehead to mine.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you..." he whispered.

My heart leaped in my chest and I was really glad that I wasn't the only one to feel like shit all week.

"Guys" Kate's voice was a bit embarrassed, "you have company..."

Scott's eyes bored into mine as a sexy crookedly smile played on his lips. "I tend to forget that" He was still looking at me. A second later, he turned to my mom and greeted her.

She was watching us completely amused. Her eyes travelled behind me and a small blush crept on her cheeks.

Huh.

Mom and Sean?

Could there be something?

I couldn't actually ponder on that thought since after Scott greeted Mom, she asked for a few pictures. He looked around the new house approvingly and smiled my way. He looked kind of proud of me. And I have to say that I was proud of myself.

Last week the house was empty and cold. Today, it looked full of life in a minimalist kind of way. It looked clean, yet stylish.

Mom snapped some pictures as well as Sean, so she could be on them, too. Scott intertwined our hands and didn't let go of me at all. I was glad, though. I needed him close to me. My stomach was revolving with all the panicky thoughts I had on my mind.