Dinnertable Disaster

A/N Wattpad for some reason messed up my chapters and this is supposed to be chapter 4 (After "Past").

You watch from the kitchen doorway, smiling to yourself as Maddelyn, with an oversized apron wrapped around herself stands on a stool to equal her father's height by the kitchen counter, watching intently as he cuts the soon to be boiled vegetables.

"Gotta be careful with knives." He informs his daughter, and she nods.
"You know where the bandaids are, right baby? If you cut yourself, you tell daddy or (Y/N), okay?" He says.

"Mm. I'd tell you daddy." She responds, smiling broadly at him, earning a soft pat on the head.

____________________________

"This is good Jean!" You tell your boyfriend.
"I'm impressed."

Jean smiles up at you, watching you enjoy your meal.

"Hey Maddelyn, we've finally cooked something that (Y/N) likes! Can you believe it?" He says sarcastically.

You kick him slightly underneath the table, earning a chuckle from him.

The little girl stays focused on eating her food.

"So, Maddelyn, anything interesting happen at school today?" You ask her kindly.

"Some boy picked his nose and wiped it on a girl." She says,
playing around with the food on her plate.

"Oh, uh, anything else happen?" You ask, determined to engage in conversation.

Maddelyn looks at you now. Your kind face wasn't fooling her.

"Stop acting like you care about me. You only love my daddy and the baby in your tummy!" She shouts, escaping from her chair and running up to her room.

"Oh my god. (Y/N), I'm really sorry. I'll go talk to her." Jean says, a tone of sadness in his voice.

"No. Jean, I'll go talk to her. Let me do this." You say, standing up and making your way to her little room next to yours.