Past

"(Y/N), I'm sorry..." He says.
"Come here." He outstretches his arm for you.

Soon, your snuggled up against his chest, your heavily pregnant stomach leaning over the side of the sofa surprisingly comfortably.

"I didn't mean to get mad." He whispers, kissing the top of your head. "I'm sorry."

"I know what it's like growing up without a father. You had it worse than me, Jean. You had no father at all. I understand why you want me to talk to him, but I just can't bring myself to do it. He isn't even aware that he's about to become a grandfather." You say quietly, drawing circles onto Jean's shirt with your finger.

"It'll all work out." Jean tells you. "I'm really sorry that I nearly broke the mug by the way." He says after a moment.

You whack him on the head lightly with your hand.

"Seriously, is that all you're concerned about?"

You laugh, closing your eyes, to which Jean chuckles in return and holds you closer.

"Yuuuuck." Says a displeased Maddelyn, standing in the doorway. She's now dressed in her favourite pajamas, clutching a multicoloured unicorn plush to her chest.

"I wanna watch TV!" She states, before bouncing up and down on the couch you and Jean lay on.

"Maddelyn!" Jean groans. "Be careful!"

You sit up and laugh at the mans reaction.

"She's just having fun Jean." You tell him.

Jean's expression immediately softens.

"Alright my girls. Who's hungry?"

The man says, standing up. Maddelyn instantly springs off from the sofa and jumps at her father's feet, shouting "Me! Me!" Before following him out into the kitchen.