Body Searches, Wolf Bites, Oh and School (Chapter One)

Începe de la început

We then duck down and see some police and dogs. Then my brother goes and runs. "Stiles wait!" I whisper out harshly to him. Scott takes a puff from his pump. 

We all start running. When I look behind me I don't see Scott. A big beam of light flashes on me and Stiles and a dog growls and barks at us. I scream and put Stiles in front of me using him as a shield. "Hold it right there!" A man barks at us. "Hold on Jerry. These two Delinquents belong to me." I look up and see dad. Oh great...busted. 

"Hey dad how are you?" Stiles says with a fake smile. Dad flashes his light at us again. "So do both of you listen in on all of my phone calls?" I point at my brother. "No dad only Stiles." There was no way I was going down completely for this. Stiles glares daggers at me. "No, well not the boring ones."  

Dad looks right at me. "Now Paige I expected this from your brother but you surprise me." I lower my gaze. "So Stiles where is your partner in crime?" I jab my brother in his rib. "Who Scott? Scott's home. He said he wanted to get a good nights sleep for the first day back at school. It's just us, in the woods. Alone." 

Dad then Shines his flashlight in the trees. "Scott you out there?" I pray to myself that dad doesn't find Scott. "Scott?" he calls out again. He sighs. "Well I'm going to walk you both back to the car. And we are going to have a conversation about something called invasion of privacy." Dad then drags us away.

(LATER AT HOME)

"Stiles you have to learn. That you can't just go and listen to my phone calls. What if you had went to one of the sites and it was dangerous. And then you dragged your poor sister into this." I smile at Stiles. "And you young lady, I expect you to know better." I lower my head again and look at my nail polish. "Now both of you go to bed. You both have school in a few hours." We walk up stairs to our rooms. "Hey Stiles. Do you think Scott's ok?" He looks at me before shutting his door. "I hope so."

When i get in my room I look at my outfit again and feel the dread coming. No more late days of sleep. No more late nights out. Ugh good bye summer vacation.

(THE NEXT DAY)

Stiles and I walk up and meet Scott. I was looking around the crowd for Phoebe an the first bell rings. Scott starts talking about his crazy bite adventure.

"Ok let's see this thing." Stiles says while rubbing his head. "Oh gross I just ate breakfast." I say as I see the bandage on Scott's side. 

"It was too dark to see much but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Stiles and I stop walking for a moment. 

"A wolf bit you?" My brother asks. 

"That's impossible. California doesn't have wolves, not in like 60 years." 

"Really?" Scott asks as he thinks about it. "Yes really" I say in a matter of fact tone. "There are no wolves in California."  

"Alright, well if you don't believe me about the wolf, then your defiantly not gonna believe me about when I tell I found the body." "Are you kidding me!?" My brother and I say in unison. Scott shakes his head. "No, I wish. I'm gonna have nightmares for a month." Stiles smiles wide. "Oh god, that is so freakin awesome. I mean, this is seriously gonna be the best thing since...Since the birth of Lydia Martin." 

"Hey, Lydia, you look..." I smirks as she walks on by my brother. 

"Like she's going to ignore you." Scott and I laugh at my comment and Stiles narrows his eyes at both of us.

"You both are the cause of this you know." I roll my eyes as Scott says uh-huh. "Draggin me down to your nerd depths. I'm nerd by association." I pause and cross my arms looking at my brother. "Whoa sorry to break it to you bro, But I'm the cooler twin so if anyone is being dragged down its me." I see Phoebe and begin to walk away. "Oh Stiles wait for me after school ok?" He waves me off and continues to talk to Scott.

When I get to Phoebe I catch her staring at my brother. "You should just ask him out, you know you want to." I say while wiggling my brows at her. She lets out a long sigh. "He has eyes For Lydia, I mean he's liked her since the third grade, so I just don't stand a chance." I put my arm on her shoulder.

"You've known Stiles longer like you practically lives at our house growing up, so go make it happen with Stiles. Besides I would love if we could be sisters in law."

Just then I see Jackson Whittemore. "Well hello handsome." I mutter to Phoebe. She rolls her eyes. "How about when you get with Jackson, that will be the day I'll get with Stiles." I smirk. "What's are you talking about, Jackson wants me, he's just playing hard to get." I tell her as we approach my locker. Phebs laughs. "Oh yeah, "Hard to get" She says in quotations. I grab my books and look over at Jackson and Lydia as they kiss. My heart sinks. "Just you wait, one day he will look me in the eyes an know I'm the one. He will ditch Lydia and then come to me asking for my hand in marriage. It's only a matter of time." I slam my locker shut and we start walking to first period. "Your crazy, you know that right? I sometimes wonder why we're even friends." Phebs giggles. "Because my red headed friend we shared gummy bears when we were little." We both part ways and head to class.