Chapter 24 - We Love You

Start from the beginning

I hug Tyler quickly, nod at Will and leave with Emily. People are moving around everywhere, some looking for friends, family and mates. Others are checking registers and making sure everyone is aware of what is going on.

I run upstairs and knock on Lewis' door. He opens it almost immediately. I don't wait for permission to enter, just walk in, dodging him and see Darcy sitting on the bed with Terry. She's braiding her hair.

"Mummy!" She runs up to me and I squeeze her into a tight hug.

"Terry, Lewis there's a war starting. We don't know when but have to prepare like it's starting now, you never know. Children and non-volunteers are to go to the underground immediately." I explain.

"Well I'm staying to fight." Says Terry.

"Obviously I am too." Adds Lewis, speaking more to me than his mate.

"You can count on me." Joins in Emily.

I smile at them all. "Thank you. I'm going to get Darcy safe and I'll meet you all in the meeting room." And with that I lift Darcy so that I'm holding her and run downstairs to the garage floor. Under that are doors, usually locked by a key only the Alpha has to the underground cells. People are walking into there.

I walk quickly, dodging a few pack members to get there faster. When I spot Rebecca, I practically run to her.

"Thank God you're here. I'm going to be helping with the fight. You're staying here?" I ask.

She nods at me. "My agile days are coming to an end... I'm only kidding. I'm not getting old yet. I'm in charge of here, making sure everyones calm, not leaving here and stuff like that."

I can tell she's trying to lighten up the mood and she's smiling but I see the clear worry in her eyes because of the whole thing. She must be worried sick for her mate already. I know that I would be.

"Could you make sure Darcy is okay? The only family she will have during the fight is you..." I trail and she instantly nods at me, giving me a reassuring smile. "And if anything happened to me and Josh-"

"Nothing will. She is and always will be around people that love her, whatever happens after today, Lexie." She interrupts before I can finish my sentence which I'm glad for, I didn't want to say them words out loud because if I did, it would feel like I've already chosen our future for us.

I mouthe the words 'thank you' and she once again nods with a smile. I put Darcy down and squat to talk to her.

"Darc, I'm going somewhere with daddy. You're going to stay with nanny and be good, okay? I love you." I tell her, kissing her on the forehead and then squeezing her into a hug. This hug she's recieving reminds me exactly of the one I recieved from Tyler just before he told me to run with Lewis. He thought he would never see me again.

The view of an enemy wolf killing one of our Omegas with one firm bite on tbe neck makes my throat ache more than ever. I've never seen anyone die. Nobody has ever died in front of me.

"Lexie, now!" Shouts Tyler. I hesitate for a moment as Lewis tries to pull me away to the direction of the woods. I cling onto Tyler's neck and hug him tightly, the hardest I could. Instead of shouting at me, he does the same which makes it hard for me to breathe but I cherish the moment. It may be the last.

"Please make it back to me..." I whisper. He doesn't reply, just runs his fingers through my hair, gives me one last tight squeeze before running off the other direction I'm supposed to be going to help with the fight.

I snap back from the flashbacks flooding my mind. My eyes tear up as I squeeze my daughter even tighter. Will the nightmares ever end? I don't want Darcy to be an orphan. Or without a parent. She musn't experience what it's like to live without mum or dad.

"Darcy?" I gain her attention again after letting go of her. "Daddy loves you too. We both love you." I say and start running back to the top.

There are cells for prisoners where they are hiding. They're currently empty but will be full by the time the fight ends and we win. We have to win, once and for all. We have to come back to our daughter.

Once I reach the outside again, the light blinds me. There's such a huge difference in the temperatures and the darkness that I have to have some time to adjust.

Now I just have to go to Josh and wait for this nightmare to start. I should be used to those by now.

*unedited
It's still the holidays so I'm writing a lot to finish this story in the next 2 weeks. I obviously won't publish the whole thing so fast but it may be finished. Around 6 chapters left to go!
I love you all!
-A