Chapter 24 - We Love You

Early update! You better love me!

Josh swings his arm, throwing the phone in the process. I try to reach for his hand to calm him down.

"Thank you Kai. You were really big help and I didn't expect that from you. You can get up and join the pack as your own." I tell him, trying to lead Josh out.

"I didn't say he could." Argues my mate.

"Josh, let him." I say, now stern myself.

He watches me, both of us just staring at each other now.

I trust him, Josh. He earned it.

He can't be trusted! He's one of them!

I take full responsibility.

We mind link. He hesitates for a good few seconds before pressing his lips together. "Fine, I don't have time to argue with you. He's under your watch."

I smile at myself and then I look at Kai. He's also grinning, getting up from the bed slowly. Josh looks at Kai for a moment, watching us exchange glances. He starts walking out the door, wrapping his arm tightly around my waist.

I think somebody is getting jealous.

We walk through the corridor, slower for Kai to catch up and into the meeting room. Josh mind linked for the main members to come for an urgent meeting.

It takes around 5 minutes for everybody to arrive. There are around 20 people in the room, more than usually in meetings. My brother is here and so is Emily. They stand near me and I'm by my mate's side. I also spot Will, Josh's second beta which I haven't seen in weeks.

"This is an urgent and unplanned meeting, thank you for your co-operation." Starts Josh. People's eyes are glued to him with so much focus that I admire their loyalty.

"I'm going to keep this short and straight forward. There will be a war starting between Richardson and Evans pack." There are a few gasps and murmurs, an unsettling feeling spreading through the room. The Evans pack isn't remembered by many at all because they're almost of the other side of England.

As soon as Josh opens his lips to speak again, there's instant silence. "Please order for people to prepare for battle. Volunteers only."

Ban anyone under 18 from fighting? Please, I don't want to see any children getting hurt.

I gain Josh's full attention on that and he just looks at me for a while, probably considering my proposition.

"Yeah, good idea. Children are strictly banned from any fighting." He speaks up.

Does that include you? He asks with a smirk. I give him the look but I do feel stupid because of it... Does he see me as a child instead of a mature leader because of how we first met? I'm obviously not the 16 year old girl he met 5 years ago anymore but what if his view hasn't changed?

"Children and anyone that isn't going to fight is to report to the underground floor immediately. Tyler, Will, stay. The rest get going." He orders quickly and people start moving and getting out the room.

Emily stays behind to talk to me. "Darcy is with Lewis and Terry. You should probably see her and assure her everything will be alright and tell her she has to stay underground with everyone else."

I hug her because of how much she's done for me. "I will, thank you."

I walk up to my mate and kiss him on the lips for a quick couple of seconds. "I'll be back. I'm going to make sure Darcy is safe." He nods at me.