Chapter 15 - Consiquences for my Stupidity

Somebody walks in and by the smell I know it's Thomas.

"I have your results and I can start doing something about Tyler- Sorry, did I interrupt anything?" He asks, making my suspicions correct.

I look away from Josh's eyes. I don't want to see the pain in them. I already know what he's feeling because I'm feeling it with him. If only I could just reject him... The pain would be terrible but would eventually go away.

"No, I was just leaving to see my daughter." I say, standing up and walking out of the room before anybody stops me. And nobody does.

I follow my senses to locate where Darcy may be. This brings me to the downstairs living room. I notice the dimness in it because the curtains are now shut even though it's only late afternoon. I get suspicious right away as I turn the light switch on.

"Surprise!" Everybody shouts, making me jump.

Most people from the pack are here. Somehow they managed to squish into the huge living room, connected with the dining. I spot Lewis and Tyler there too. I'm sure Bethany is sitting somewhere, bored too.

Emily walks up to me. "This is your welcome back celebration." She says, happily.

"Welcome back?" I ask, confused.

"Welcome back... From the world of unconsciousness." She says, making it up on the spot. Then Darcy hugs my legs, coming out of nowhere.

"Surprise, mummy!" She cheers, holding a plate of cookies in one hand.

I feel guilt building up in me. All these people did this for me, for what I'm supposed to be their Alpha, co-leader of their pack. I can't leave and let them all down... Unless... Yes. It would be the right thing to do. I need to reject Josh so that he gets a new mate and then they'll have a Luna.

"Everybody, please listen." I start speaking. There's some shuffling but people start getting silent. I take a deep breath. This is it.

"First of all I'm thankfull for you caring so much about me and organising this... But I need to announce that I'll be le-" I'm cut off my some arms behind my waist and a kiss on my mark which makes the butterflies in my tummy wild.

"That Lexie will be learning how to adapt to this pack, the members and arrangements. Isn't that right, honey?" He finishes the sentence for me which i not at all what I was going to say. His arms are closely wrapped around me and I can feel his breath by my ear.

It takes me a few quick moments to react. "Actually, no." I state.

Everyone is now watching me, still smiling and Darcy is still near me. They're waiting for my response.

"No, because what I wanted to say is that I'll be leaving this evening." I finish. There's a few murmurs and frowns, confusion. Josh lets go of me.

"And I won't be coming back. I'm sorry." I say to all of them. I pick Darcy up and start walking up the stairs and into my room quickly, now locking it behind.

I sit Darcy on the bed and begin to pack everything into a bag.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm packing. We're leaving, Darcy." I tell her.

"Why? I like it here. I like daddy."

I freeze. After a few seconds, I slowly turn to face her. "Daddy?" I ask. She nods her head eagerly.

"Who is your dad, Darcy?" I ask her.

"Joshy." She answers.

"He told you that?" I ask her. She looks down, shaking her head.