Chapter 9

“What’s going on?” I asked. Frost began to form all around the room.

“Alison, where is Fionna?” he asked panicky.

“She’s on a date with Willis!”

“What?! No, no, no…”

An elderly woman then burst through the door. She has light blue skin, long white hair, and long lightning-shaped eyebrows. Her hair is wavy with curls. She wears a small golden tiara with red gems and a neck band bejeweled with a single blue gem in the center. She also wears a blue long sleeved ball gown, and light and dark blue shoes.

“Ice Queen!” shrieked Prince Gumball.

“Hello, Babe.” The Ice Queen chuckled and froze him to the wall.

“Gumball!” I have to think fast. Ice… Ice… Ice… Melt… Fire!

“I’ve got fondue~!” Peppermint Maid entered the rousing room with a skip in her step. 

“Sorry for this!” I swiped the fondue platter from the maid and hurled the flame at Ice Queen. She turned away from Gumball and transformed the food into a block of ice.

“Uh oh…” The witch made a swift motion with her hand and froze me from the neck down. 

“AHH!!” I screamed. The woman moved closer and examined me.

“Hmm…” As she thought, I hyperventilated like a terrified little rabbit. “What species are you, girl?”

“H-Human!” 

“Strange. You seem a lot less strong than Fionna.”

“Hey!” I resented. I could hear Gumball struggling, trying to free himself from the ice, in the background.

“You’d make a perfect servant for my ice fortress!” She bared her claws and I screamed.

“Ice Queen!” The sound of Fionna’s loud voice echoed through the room.

“You again?!”

“Get the glomp out of here, Ice Queen! Or Cake and I will have to beat the fat out of you!”

She glared with displeasure. “Very well, Tomboy! Gumball shall be mine!” While riding a snow cloud, the woman flew out the window towards  what seemed to be her kingdom. Fionna swung her red-violet sword at Gumball’s ice and shattered it.

“Thank you, Fionna. That old woman is glomped up!” 

“No problem!” She smirked and sliced through my ice as well. 

I rubbed my arms in attempt to warm myself up. “Where’s Willis?”

The chocolate butler walked casually into the dining room as if this kind of thing happens every day. He scanned the room of its frost and ice.

“I’ll go get the broom.” He sighed and left, skidding his foot on the ground every now and then. Something about tonight, I mean other than the mess, seemed to be troubling him. 

“Willis, you can just clean it up in the morning!” Gumball called down the hall.

Cake stretched herself through the window.

“Hey, Fi. It’s getting pretty late, baby. Adventurers need their sleep.” Said the cat.

“Alright, Cake. Goodnight, guys!” Fionna boarded Cake and the giant cat walked away from the kingdom of candy.

“Thanks again!” Gumball said.

“So… Gumball. What was with that Ice Queen lady?”

“Oh. Her. She constantly attempts to kidnap princes to be her husband. Luckily Fionna is always there to stop her.” He smiled.

“That sounds a little creepy.”

“No one really understands Ice Queen. Except that she’s a bit crazy.”

I giggled. We left the dining room and headed towards my bedroom.

“Sorry tonight didn’t go as planned…”

“Oh yeah. Why did you want to have dinner with me?” I tilted my head.

“I would like to get to know you, Alison. You’re from this magical place called Earth and I would love to know all about it!”

We turned the corner where a giant cream column stood.

“Trust me, it’s pretty plain compared to this place.” I scratched the back of my head.

“Ah, yes, and I forgot to mention. That dress is beautiful on you.” He grinned.

I blushed, and my speech became of a nervous tone. “Oh, this thing? It’s just, I just found it in the closet. Peppermint Maid helped me. There was, were, um, a lot of pink dresses in here. There. Um…”

His laugh was grand, like a giant. Except, you know, smaller. “I see. Will I be seeing you tomorrow?”

“Gumball, we live in the same castle.” 

“I know! I was joking!” He laughed his jolly laugh once more.

We stopped in front of my door.

“So Willis and Fionna went on a date?”

“Yep.” I said.

“Good for him. I for one have never attended a date.” His eyes were suddenly full of sorrow as he looked towards the ground.

“You… You’ve never been on a date?”

“I love my candy citizens, but sadly none of them in ‘that’ way.”

I looked down in thought. “How about this.” He looked up. “How about we count this as a date? Just so you could cross it off your, ‘To-Do List’.”

“But don’t you have to kiss at the end of a date?”

I blushed. “No, no! You, um, we don’t have to!” I smiled nervously, shaking my hands in front of me.

He chuckled. “Ok. Goodnight, Alison.”

“Night!” He walked down the hall as I entered my room and pushed my back up against the door.

“That was close.”

Gumball is handsome and all, but… I don’t know. I get nervous around him. I’m not sure I can like him in that way. 

I’m not sure if he wants me to.