chapter 3 :)

Next day…

Tyler pov:

Damm she fights good were my first coherent  thoughts as I wake up with a pounding headache and a dull throbbing in the side of my thigh. My eye stings like a bitch and my nose is swelling up horribly.

With great effort I haul myself out of my amazingly comfy king sized bed and scan my room. I have a desk with my mac laptop on, my flat screen tv is built into the wall that’s opposite my small sofa, in the corner is my weights and  punching bag for when I cant get out, me ensuite bathroom door is at the end of my room next to my walk in wardrobe. Overall im pretty rich, my house is rich which I detest because im not born a snob, Id rarther go to downtown and hang with my old friends but I had to move hear cause I f**ed up again. I live alone cause my forster family didn’t want to move so they bought me an apartment in the posh part of town and give me a 1000 ound a month allowance to make up for the fact that they cant be with me.

I often wonder why they take so much time looking after a messed up orphan but they say that they knew my partents. Pahh I never had parents, they were just people that thought I was a mistake and had me then dumped me.

I dress in ripped jeans, a leather jacket, t-shirt and converses, since foster parents arnt here I can wear what I want.

I hop on my Maserati bike and zoom off down the street. I skip breakfast because im late for school.  As I skid in on my bike the whole courtyard stops and stares. Ohh right im meant to be a jock, ohh well. As I take off myy helmet and slide on my tinted sunglasses I notice people staring at me  with looks of awe, respect  and fear? Most of them glance behind me then avert there eyes, what? Who or whats behind me.

I hear chuckles and instantly recognise it as mist, ohh yeah caus everyone scared of her. I wonder why shes interested in me?

“you droped you act” she says from behind me. What I thought I was good at being a prep?

“ha yep,howd you know it was an act?” I say turning around

“I always know a delinquent when I see one” she smirks at my insulted reaction

“I haven’t been in the rails for 3 years” I say with feigning insult

“so how does a ‘good boy’ like you know the downtown meaning for jail?” she asks obviously amused

“urrmm, my brothers a violence junkie?” I offer

“sure, well when you admit that you’re a messed up delinquent like rest of us I have a proposition for you” she states and with that she walks of to the red headed boy that I spoke to in my first class. The one that im guessing is a player.

‘that you caught making out with mist by my locker’  whispers my conscience

‘so I don’t care’ I snap at it

‘yeah right, your just in denial that your interested in a girl that dosnt need you’

Damm straight I am, I think to myself I have to get her and I wonder what the proposition is?

Am I ready to admit that Im a badass again, or should I keep living that fake life that ive lived for that past 2 years?

Mist pov:

“what you say to him, he looks thoughtfull?” jace asks me as I approach him

“told him my terms, and made him realise that hes one of us”

“really that pretty boy? I would say your wrong but you’ve never lead me wrong before.howd u guess hes one of us?” jace asks disbelivingly but I know that he will back whatever I do, its in the deal.

“he knows the rails. And I bet hes been to top juvie to”  top juvies are the toughest ones that the worst go to

“howd you know?”

“one of many questions today you are arnt you?” I laugh

“sorry Ill shut up now” he says feinging hurt

“nahh don’t worry, I know caus I pay attention”

“aww you gonna go all cryptic on my again” he complains

I just chuckle and walk to my second class as I missed first talking to jace

“peace out mother f**ers” I shout as I walk away from jace I hear his distant chuckles as I walk away.

As I get to chemistary the whole class stops, waiting for a fight.

“sup, teach” I nod to mr peters, hehe I love pi**in him off, hes had it in for me ever since I started, probably caus I blew half the classroom up and burt half  his hair off in the process, but forgive and forget yeah?

“your late miss black” he states in a angry tone, ohh yeah he hates being interrupted

I just walk to the back of the class and slump down in my chair not bothering to get my things out as theres only 5 minutes left of the class.

“detention, after school”

“no can do sir already got one with miss myers” I say in a bored tone that I know will wind him up

“well that’s a pity now isnt it miss black, for failing to come to detention you can have two starting tomorrow”

“yeah right” I mumble

As I walk to art, one of my favariote lessons, ive got jace in it and a bucket load of pait, ohh what could go wrong.

As I walk through the door I see jace standing in the corner scaring a poor junior as he spots me he smirks, drops the kid and walks over.

“hey black”

“sup Williams” we greet by last names because were in friend mode not benefits.

“soo what do you think were gonna be doing?” jace asks

“hope it involves paint” I wink, he laughs remembering last time we started a paint fights with the seniors, their the only ones that arnt scared of us, just respect us.

Ten minutes into the lesson were both covered in paint and cussin each other as we form teams and start fighting around the classroom

“well I thought that the almighty cirus had no fun, I must be wrong” I instantly stiffen and go into battle mode

“jace stay here”I say as I walk out to the stranger

“who are you, what do you want and how do you know me?” I snarl

“I accept you propostion, It would be great to work with you black” then it clicks, tyler

“answer the f**in questions” im angry and he just ruined my fun so theres gonna be hell to pay

“you know who I am, I came to accept your terms, im just like you”

“name, state, rank” I order

“flame,missisipi, master” he replys. Wow hes good,so hes accepted  my terms good and hes better than I thought

“cirus call me black anywhere but arena, cornwall, king” see we street fight or race the higher up you are on the rankings the more respect and money you earn. If you beat someone in the rings you gain their title and the winnings.  

“now were done with all the formalitys whats you deal black?”  he askes

“well now you’ve proved yourself, and admitted who you really are, join me and jace, become the last shadow.” I ask him

“whats in it for me” he says, wow hes got more guts than I thought

“protection, recognition and a family that’s willing to do anything for you” I answer, adding the last bit caus he dosnt seem like the type of guy to have a family, but the type that needs one.

“done” he smiles a genuine smile

“welcome mate, wanna have a paint fight” I smile, he chuckles

“ohh its on”