Chapter 8

I was running late. I was running down the halls to my biology class and when i turned the corner i slammed into someone and dropped my notebooks.

"Sorry!", I said at the person that picked up my books. When he looked up, I realized it was Theo.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"AP Biology? Theo, we're in the same class", I giggled and he handed me my books. "Thanks"

"No problem", he said and walked with me to class.

"So, do you mind me asking what happened last night? I heard about it from Scott"

"Oh it was nothing, just a car crash. They found Donovan, and are keeping him at the station. My dad says that I have to go there after school to question him". We stopped at the door and looked at me.

"Why do you have to question him?", he asked as we stepped inside the classroom.

"He said he wouldn't talk unless I was there to question him", i said as we sat down, and the second we did the bell rang.

"Weren't we going to hangout tonight?"

"We'll i'm only going to be there for an hour. They said I could come in at anytime tonight. My dad said around 11 or 12, so we have plenty of time. Why, what did you plan on doing?"

"Well, Scott said that he's going to catch Tracy tonight, and he asked me to help, and you have that thig with Donovan so i mean-", i cut him off.

"No I get it. Maybe another time", i said and looked at my paper and started to take notes. The bell was going to ring for free period, and i wanted to leave more than anything. Seconds later it rang. I grabbed all my stuff and shoved it in my bag. I stood up and walked out the door and to my locker.

My phone rang. It was Liam.

Liam- Hey Melody! We're going to the lacrosse field to practice during free period! You wanna come?

Melody- Yea sure! Can I use your lacrosse stick?

Liam- Yea I have an extra one in the locker room.

Melody- The boys locker room? Ugh fine!

Liam- Great! I'll see you on the field

Melody- Okay

I headed into the empty locker room and searched for the lacrosse stick. When i finally found it, a voice made me jump.

"You know.. This is the boy's locker room", the voice stated that I could now realize it was Theo.

"I just needed a lacrosse stick. What do you want?"

"Are you mad at me?", he asked and frowned. I tilted my head to the side and shook my head.

"No. Why would you think that?"

"Because you seemed mad when i told you that-"

"I'm not mad", i sighed. "I-i'm just confused i guess", I confessed. I looked up and our eyes met. Two steps apart from each other.

"About what?"

"You"

"Me?". I just nodded. "Why are you confused- oh", he said as he realized what I was talking about. "Are you afraid or suspicious of me?", he asked.

"I-I don't know", I stuttered. He walked up to me and my back hit the lockers. With no space left between us he lifted my chin up to look at him.

"I would never hurt you", he said. My heart is beating off the charts, and he leans in and kisses me. It took me a couple seconds to realize what just happened, but I kissed back. Ignoring my brain I listened to my heart. His words repeating in my head. 'I would never hurt you'.

He broke the kiss and looked at me, and pushed the hair behind my ear.

"I'll see you around, beautiful", he said and left the locker room leaving me speechless.

----------------------------------------------------

So apperantly Tracy was at school, and I didn't find out until now because I was to busy with Theo. It's now 10:00 at night and I am at the Sheriff's department. My dad's going on a date tonight, so he's meeting her here so he can keep an eye on me until they leave. I walked up to the jail cell and saw Donovan. He kept looking at the ground. I unlocked the cell and closed it behind me.

"Aren't you scared of me, Melody?", he asked.

"Now why would I be scared of you? I'm not, and I know you would never hurt me", I stated.

"What makes you think that?", he asked. Before I could respond he pushed me against the jail cell and held a pocket knife up to my neck. How did he get that? My dad pointed my gun at him.

"Sheriff let me out, or she's going to have a cut open neck", he yelled.

"Dad, Dad put the gun down. Dad! He's bluffing! He can't hurt me and he knows it", i said and looked Donovan in the eye. "I know you still love me, and I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Now. Put. The. Knife. Down.", I said. A tear slipped from is eye and he handed me the knife. I threw it out of the cell and hugged him. Dad put his gun away.

"Hey. Hey. You're okay", i said as he cried into my arms. I held the hug for a little longer and then pulled away.

"I have to go get some papers, and when I come back you can tell me everything okay?". He just nodded. I walked out of the cell into the lobby. Right when i'm about to get paper my phone buzzes. It's Theo. Great.

"Hey Melody! I don't know if Scott told you or not, but Tracy is apperantly a Kanima also, she attacked Scott , Stiles and everyone. I'm helping them up, but I think she's headed towards the Sheriff's station. Please tell me you aren't there?!", he yelled into the phone. I was about to respond when I heard loud smashes and crashes. I run into the other room and saw Tracy. She didn't see me and dragged Lydia's mother down stairs. I tripped over the trashcan and it made a loud noise. Tracy turned to me and threw a stapler at my head and everything started to go black.

"Melody?! What's going on? Are you okay?!"

"Theo?! She's here! She's-", and then I blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 1065