Chapter 12

Theo's POV

"So basically were looking for abnormal behavior?", I asked Scott.

"Anyone acting off or a little weird"

"Isn't everyone a little weird in high school?"
Scott nodded. "Good point"

"You remember Tracy went on a killing spree after reading that"

"You think it's a bad idea?"

"I think Melody almost being run down by a car could be bad.. That's why you guys haven't finished it right?"

"Were going to"

"Scott... I came here hoping to find a pack. I wasn't planning on watching one fall apart"

"The book's all we got"

"Then i'll read it to"

---------------------------------------------------

Melody's POV

"My mom's book club usually has more wine", Lydia said.

"Well they also didn't read books that cause violent hallusionations", Stiles said.

"That's why Malia and Melody are here", Scott said looking at her then to me.

"So if one of us runs into traffic", Kira adds.

"Or worse", Scott finished.

"That's what happened to Judy", Malia said and everyone looked at here confused. "Chapter 14"

Lydia picked up the book and said, "Maybe I should have my mother read it. she might remember a girl with a tail leaping of the ceiling and attacking everyone"

"Right if it works", Stiles said.

"It has to", Lydia said.

"What does that mean?", Scott asked.

"I think I saw them during my surgery... When I look at the cover of the book, its almost like-"

"A memory trying to surface", Theo finished because Lydia couldn't find the right word to explain it.

Lydia looked up and said, "Yeah".

"Isn't that what Valic wanted when he wrote it?", Kira asked.

"If they did something to me.. I wanna know what it is", Lydia said and walked away.

I stood on the other side of the table watching them pick up their packets. From Stiles, to Scott, to Theo. Everyone sat down and I watched as they opened to the first page.

This is going to be a long day.

----------------------------------------------

"Anyone feel anything yet?", Scott asked breaking the silence. Thank god. I was about to fall asleep and I was leaning my head on Theo's shoulder... Awkward. I slowly sat up and heard him chuckle a little. I was cursing him out in my mind.

"Tired", Kira said.

"Hungry", Lydia said.

"I think he meant the book", Theo stated looking at Lydia.

"I'll go make some coffee then", I said and got up and headed into the kitchen where Stiles and Malia were.

I made the coffee and Malia poured it while I grabbed the cups. I turned around and saw Stiles rubbing his shoulder.

"What did you do to your shoulder?", Malia asked. I think it was from Donovan.

"What are you talking about?", he asked.

"I can smell the blood", she stated.

"Jeep died on me again. When I went to go check on it the hood fell on it", he said. I could tell Malia was listening to his heartbeat. I turned and saw Theo, and I think he was listening in.

"Hey so uh how much do you remember anyway. with the accident. Does it play like a movie in your head, or was it like being completely in it again?", he asked her. "Was it just the crash nothing else?"

"No", she shook her head. Stiles turned towards me.

"How about you? Did you see anything else besides the school?". I turned towards Theo and he was odviously listening in, but I didn't want to tell Stiles what else I saw.

"No", I said and walked the coffee cups into the room and gave them to everyone. A few minutes later I get very sleepy.

"Scott i'm going to go and take a nap upstairs. Is that okay?", he just nodded. I walked upstairs and layed in mama Mcall's bed. and shut my eyes.

Just when Im about to drift off I hear footsteps in the room. I act like i'm completely asleep, maybe it's just Scott or someone coming to check up on me. Well, hopefully.

The person lightly picks up a strand of my hair and removes it from my face. Wait.. there's only one person I know that has done that recently... Theo.

He let go of my hair and it was really silent, but he hasn't left because there were no footsteps. I heard him sigh.

"I'll keep you safe Melody", he said. My heart pounding so fast I thought it was going to pop out of my chest. "I'll never let anybody or anything hurt you. Ever since the moment I saw you I knew you would have my heart", he finished and I heard him walk out and shut the door.

What. Just. Happened?!

---------------------------------------

"So, while introducing the African cane toad sounded like a good way to deal with Australia's way of the bay-back beetle-", I tuned my A.P. Biology teacher out as I felt Theo's eyes on me. Well, even though we sat right next to each other I could see him out of the corner of my eye. I turned to him with an annoyed look.

"Why do you keep staring at me?", I whisper. Memories from last night flooded my head, and then I realized I should have been awkward but it didn't come to mind.

He frowned and shook his head then went back to paying attention to the teacher. All of a sudden Lydia and him were texting and then when Sydney left the class suddenly Lydia followed.

"What was that all about?", I asked Theo. He just shook his head and ignored me. What the heck?! You confess you're feelings for me when i'm 'asleep' and then you ignore me. Whatever.

The bell rang a few minutes later and Theo sped out of class. I followed him into the boys locker room. When I walked in he was putting stuff away in his locker. He noticed my presence, but chose to ignore it. I sighed and walked up to him so that there were only like two steps between us.

"Did I do something wrong or are you just being a dick?", I asked. He looked up at me then quickly back at his locker.

"Unbelievable", I said and shut the his locker door. "Now do I have you're attention". He shook his head and looked away from me. I threw my arms in anger and began to walk away when he said something.

"Your to much of a distraction", he said. I turned around and looked at him in confusion. I crossed my arms and walked towards him. I leaned against the locker across from him. He didn't respond, but instead walked up to me. I stepped forward and he cupped my face and kissed me. It took me a couple seconds to react, but I kissed back. I threw my arms around his neck, and he moved his hands to my waist. He pushed me against the lockers and deepened the kiss.

He pulled away moments later and looked towards the door.

"I have to go", he said. Before I could say anything he was gone.

-------------------------

word count- 1187