Bad Things Happen To Both Bad And Good People- Chapter 2

Warning from Karkat: Lots of feels in this chapter.

Dave's P.O.V.~

When the bell rang for lunch, I went to my locker putting away my things. I waited for Karkat, seeing it was the polite thing to do. Moments later, Karkat walked down the hallway and stopped at his locker.

"HEY DAVE." Karkat stated.

"sup?" I asked leaning against the locker.

"NOT MUCH. JUST, YA KNOW, IN HELL." Karkat said, casually.

I chuckled lightly. "you're right on that."

Karkat chuckled along. "I AM." Karkat quickly stuffed all his shit into his locker.

I waited. "for once." I teased, jokingly. Karkat was actually pretty smart. At least, I thought so. He got good grades. I smirked at the glare that Karkat gave me.

"UM, WHY ARE YOU STARRING AT ME LIKE THAT?" Karkat asked, confused. I wish I could tell him how I feel about him...

"no reason." I looked away. 'Only cause I like you... a lot.' I thought to myself.

"OKAY." Karkat said, still slightly confused. "LET'S HEAD TO LUNCH." Karkat stated.

"yeah, let's go." I nodded.

Karkat and I walked to the lunch room. I watched Karkat from the corner of my eye and smiled a tiny bit.

Karkat looked for an empty table for us. Finding none, his sighed. "LOOKS LIKE WE'LL HAVE TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SIT." He stated.

I shrugged. "i guess so."

"WANNA SIT ON THE ROOF?" Karkat asked.

"yeah." I nodded.

"OKAY. DO YOU WANNA GET LUNCH OR?" Karkat asked.

"ill skip today." I stated.

"OKAY. WELL, LET'S GO." Karkat stated.

I nodded and we went up to the roof.

"I DON'T MEAN TO PRY OR ANYTHING, BUT ARE YOU SURE EVERYTHING'S OKAY?" Karkat asked out of the blue. "I MEAN, YOU DON'T SEEM LIKE YOURSELF TODAY, DAVE." Karkat continued. "YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL MEAN ANYTHING THOUGH... I JUST WANNA HELP MY BEST FRIEND IS ALL. Karkat finished. He sounded kind of sad.

"hm? nothing's wrong." I lied through my teeth.

"LOOK, I KNOW WHEN SOMETHING'S WRONG AND SOMETHING IS WRONG. BUT, YOU DON'T HAVE TO TELL ME IF YOU DON'T WANT TO." Karkat stated, sounding a bit more sad.

"trust me, Karkles, nothing's up." I shrugged.

"FINE... IF YOU SAY NOTHING'S WRONG, I'M JUST GONNA HAVE TO BELIEVE YA..." Karkat stated with maybe a little disappointment in his voice.

I didn't want to lie, not to him. His face looked sad and it killed me. But I couldn't say. His life seemed like shit already and I couldn't dump my problems on him. "how bout you?" I asked.

"HUH?" Karkat seemed to snap out of some deep thinking.

"you seem on edge." I nodded.

"I GUESS..." Karkat said, still sounding off.

"you sound off, come on, share." I stated.

Karkat shrugged. "I GUESS I'M JUST KIND OF DISAPPOINTED THAT SOMETIMES YOU DON'T TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG..." Karkat shrugged again. "AND IT HASN'T BEEN THE BEST YEAR, SO I DON'T KNOW. LOTS OF STUFF ARE ON MY MIND I GUESS." Karkat sighed at the end of his sentence.