Another Day In Hell- Chapter 1

Karkat's P.O.V.~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. It was giving me a massive headache. 'We should NOT have to get up this early in the morning for a trip to hell number 1.' I thought to myself as I searched for the stupid off button. Once I finally found it, I rolled over in bed contemplating whether or not I wanted to school today. Then, I remembered that's it's Friday and my 'dad' will be gone all weekend. So, I slowly got out of bed, missing it's warmth immediately, and started getting ready for hell.

Dave's P.O.V.~

I was sleeping somewhat peacefully, when I heard the alarm go off. I quickly shot my arm over and hit the off button so it wouldn't make anymore noise. Didn't want a chance of waking up Bro. I got up, 'well here goes another day in hell,' I sighed slightly. I got changed and slipped on my shoes. I combed my hair and put on my shades. I grabbed some apple juice and I left before my brother woke up.

Karkat's P.O.V.~

Once I was ready, I quickly made my way downstairs. I went through the living room quickly and quietly, passing my passed out 'dad.' I got on my old, beat-up converse before exiting out the door (knowing we probably didn't really have anything to eat and the fact I wasn't really hungry, I didn't bother with breakfast or anything) and down the street to my bus stop, with my headphones in.  It didn't take me long to arrive at the bus stop. I stood there, waiting for the bus and my best, and only, friend, Dave. But, how much I wish we were more than that. I sighed.

A few minutes later, I saw Dave out of the corner of my eye as he came strolling up and said, "hey Karkat." Dave greeted while he adjusted the strap on his bag.

I looked at his shades for a moment before answering him. I've always wondered what was under them. "HEY DAVE." I said to him with a slight smile on my face. He was literally the only reason I was still even here. Well, besides Kankri, my brother. Although Kankri is living somewhere probably far away with his boyfriend, Cronus, (who, by the way, looks like a 1950-80s greaser) so we don't talk as much as we used to.

Dave leaned up against the stop sign and asked, "what's up?"

I just shrugged and answered with, "JUST ANOTHER DAY AWAITING TO BE DRIVEN TO HELL. YOU?"

"pretty much the same." He responded back, but I had a gut feeling that he wasn't telling me everything and possibly wanted to say more. I didn't pester him, though.

"OH, OKAY." I stated. "UH, HOW ARE YOU TODAY, DAVE?" I asked, hoping he was having a pretty good start to the day.

"okay, I've had better." Hmm, something must be bothering him...

"WELL, THAT'S GOOD, I GUESS. UM, SINCE MY DAD WILL BE GONE ALL WEEKEND, DO YOU THINK YOU COULD POSSIBLY COME OVER AND SPEND THE NIGHT?"  I asked, hoping he didn't have anything he had to do.

"yeah, I'll have to make sure later, but probably." Dave answered.

"OKAY." I smile lightly just as the bus pulls up to our spot. Dave and I got on and sat in the back; he put his bag on his lap.

Dave let me sit in the inside like always. I had 1 earbud in while Dave and I talked.

At some point, Dave gestured to my earbud and asked, "Can I listen in?"

"YEAH, OF COURSE." I grabbed the other earbud that was just hanging there and handed it to him.

He put the earbud in his ear and stated, "nice choice."

"THANKS." I smiled lightly.

About a minute later, Dave took some gum out of his bag and offered me a piece after he took a piece out for himself.

I took the piece of gum from Dave and said, "THANK YOU."

"no problem." He nodded as the bus came to a stop at the school. Dave and I waited for most everyone to get off before we headed off the bus.

Dave and I walked to our lockers, earbuds still in our ears. Luckily, our lockers are right next to each other. Dave got his stuff and leaned against his locker. He checked his phone and sent someone a quick message. Probably asking his Bro if he can stay over at my house. Once I grabbed all my completely destroyed supplies, I turn towards Dave and started walking with him to first period. 

Dave and I both pulled out our earbuds and sat down in the back of the classroom. Then, I turned off my old, shitty iPhone. 

"well, what's on your schedule today?" Dave asked me.

"UM, MATH, SCIENCE, GLOBAL, PE, LUNCH, STUDY HALL, ENGLISH, THEN HEALTH AND LASTLY ART. WHAT ABOUT YOU?" I answered.

"well, I have science, English, world history (global), PE, lunch, math, music, study hall, then french." Dave nodded.

"SO, WE DON'T HAVE MANY CLASSES TOGETHER THEN..." I shrugged. Though, I was kind of upset about that.

"no too many, but a few, so that's good." Dave responded.

"YEAH." I said as our teacher walked into the room. Dave put his bag on the floor and faced the front of the room (he was facing towards me before). I looked towards the front of the classroom. The rest of class wan uneventful.

((So, wve're going to end it there. Next chapter wvill probably be more exciting. Anywvays, hope you all liked this chappy~! Until next time! ~FTTL/Karkat))