Chapter 4

~This chapter is for fubdub and her great idea. I'm stretching the idea between 2 chapters.~

                                                                                     ~Batman P.O.V.~

     I was on the search for Joker after what he did to Katie I could never let him out on the streets. Katie told me that she was to leave after what happened. I haven't heard from her since although she got in a van to leave witch is odd.

      I find Joke at a local jewel shop threatening and killing as usual but he wasn't taking all the jewels he was having one made. A ring?! but what on earth for? I listen before I walk in.

    Now I want a 10K diamond on a 5 gold band with 4k diamonds surrounding the 10k. GOT IT!! He screams.

    Wee misère, anything for you. Says the jeweler.  

He doesn't kill or threaten only to tell people to shut up. He doesn't speak for hours when it finally comes out. Ahh its beautiful. thank you sir for your service. then the door slabs door and leaves in a van out the back. I follow closely.

                                                                                        ~Joker P.O.V.~ 

      I just got my ring for Katie I wasn't ganna ask it was just a gift. I pull up to my complex and see the door smashed in. I shove the ring in my pocket and  rush out of the van. Inside all of my men are dead or hurt badly. I walk to one of the injured and ask him a question.

   Was this Batman?!? Was it?!?

     No....it was.....was the mob. He pointed to the table then dies from blood loss. I walk to the table and see a letter addressed to me.

          Dear Joker,

            I am being held by one of mob members and If you don't pay up they will kill me and your unborn child. Please help, and if you do love me you will rescue me. Find me at 509 east sub St. please hurry its almost time.                                                                                                          ~Love Katie~

I crumple the paper and drop it on the floor. I smash the table and scream. I get out and load the van up and leave.

                                                                                       ~Batman P.O.V.~

     I hear Joker yell Batman then silence. He then comes out furious then loads up and leaves. I jump down and  walk in the building to see a horrid sight. I see a crumpled piece of paper and read it.

    Dear Joker,

      I am being held by one of mob members and If you don't pay up they will kill me and your unborn child. Please help, and if you do love me you will rescue me. Find me at 509 east sub St. please hurry its almost time.                                                                                                      ~Love Katie~

My eyes widen at the words Unborn Child.  Katie didn't leave she's having a baby with him. I take the paper and jump back in the Bat mobile and drive back to Wayne manor.  Why did she lie?