Chapter 1

Chapter 1.

"What do you think of this one?"

I watched as Tracy lifted up a short red dress, holding it in front of her with a nervous smile on her face. Cocking my head to the side, I pursed my lips as I examined it, picturing her in it at the party on Saturday.

"It's a little short, babe," I muttered, imagining the attention she'd be getting from all those bastards if she were to walk around in that. Of course I wouldn't mind the length, but not when there's bound to be a bunch of assholes drooling over my girlfriend.

Tracy pouted before looking at the dress for a couple of seconds, and sighed in defeat. "Yeah," she said. "I guess you're right. But....ugh, dress shopping is so hard!"

"Well, if you want to get it--"

"I'm not getting it if you don't like it, Nate," she frowned at me. "I want to get something that you'll love."

I smiled as she tossed the dress into the pile of dresses she tried on and hated. Every time a party was coming up, Tracy always had to buy a new outfit or dress. And guess who she'd bring along? Her boyfriend who seriously has better things to do.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tracy. I'm honestly so in love with this girl that I am willing to throw away a day of COD just to tag along dress shopping with her.

To most guys, Tracy would be considered an average girl. Most guys would think that Tracy is 'nothing special', and just normal. To me Tracy is beautiful. I mean, everytime I look at her it's like I'm seeing her for the first time -- as lame as that sounds. She's got long brown hair that curls up to her waist, and these big brown eyes that are just so full of warmth and life. Her body's amazing, hence the reason why I am basically saying 'no' to almost every dress she picks out. I just can't handle having other guys drool over my girlfriend's body, it just makes me feel awkward and pissed off.

Yeah, well you can't really blame me.

"Nate?" Tracy's voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I blinked up at her. She was standing in front of me, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking concerned. I threw her an assuring smile and nodded before looking around the store. I got up from the bench I was sitting on, and dramatically stroked my chin as I tried to find something for my worrying girlfriend to wear.

Feeling her eyes on me, I raised an eyebrow as I spotted something that looked interesting. Glancing at her, I pointed towards a black dress hung up on the wall.

"What about that?" I asked, shrugging. Apparently I have the 'worst female fashion sense ever', so I really hope Tracy could maybe consider this option for once.

"What, that ugly thing over there?"

Okay nevermind. I sighed, trying not to get frustrated. I've never been a shopper, I've never liked staying at stores for too long, and that's exactly what went down. Almost five hours of shopping for dresses.

"Tracy," I said. "You're so picky! I liked most of the things you tried on, you know."

"Yeah, but I didn't!" She nudged my arm, looking stressed. Frowning at her, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Why are you so frustrated? It's just a regular party, Trace."

"You don't know what it's like to be a girl, Nathan. We gotta find the perfect outfits, we gotta have the perfect hair, the perfect body....we gotta look perfect all the time."

"You're always perfect," I told her. Tracy gave me a small smile, her cheeks turning pink.

"Babe, you're my boyfriend, of course you think that."