Have You Decided Yet

~ Erwin's Point of View ~

Levi came back to my office with his answer.

"Well, Levi? Have you decided yet?" I asked him. He nodded solemnley.

"Yes, sir. I have. I'm sorry, but I have to retire. I'm going with my wife and child. I realize humanity needs me, but if they are in dire need, you wouldn't have truly given me this choice. Thank you, it was an honor working with you, Commander Erwin." I was blown away. This what not the answer I was expecting. He began walking out the door but I stopped him.

"Levi, wait..."

"That's my final decision, Erwin. You can't make me change my mind, I apologize."

"That's not the reason I stopped you." Levi turned back around.

"Then what is?"

"I want you to sit down. Just one more time. Just one more cup of tea. Please."

"Fine," he sighed, reluctantly turning around. He drank his tea as I began writing a check to him. He didn't notice until I handed it to him.

"What's this for?" He asked.

"It's a check. That's enough money to raise your child well and have lots of money to do whatever you want with it. We are going to arrange a house for you very soon and all your expenses shall be paid. There's no need to sorry about a thing." Levi looked at the ground.

"I appreciate this, but there's no need. We don't need to live off others helping us. I do appreciate it, but I can just take my last paycheck that you owe me." Levi handed the check back to me, but I insisted. He finally took it and left my office, so that he could begin packing up his room.

Did you guys really think I would let you down?