It Was Great

"When I was young, it seemed like my childhood was going to be good. Everything started out fine. I had a nice home, nice parents, and plenty of friends. I even had normal feelings... I was always happy. A thought I missed for a while, until I met you. But there's still some spots where my sadness seeps back in. It was great... I was well educated and everything was fine. Then, one day, my parents were murdered. In front of my eyes! It was such a painful sight... I wanted to help them... Save them... But I was scared. I went off and hid. So the people didn't find me. When they left, I came out and saw blood spilling from my mother's body. Next to my dad, with a hole in his stomach, lay a knife, with little blood droplets slowly releasing themselves from the blade. Then my sister... She was only three years old! I was only six! She was asleep, and as I entered her room, I saw the white sheets stained with red liquid. She was hidden under her covers - such an unfair death. She died an early death - and I blame myself for this. Sad, stunned, and wanting to forget the pain, I gathered my things and left - not even saying goodbye to my friends. I lived on the streets for eleven years, till I was fifteen. I refused to steal my food. I would have worked, but no one would let me work for them. I was starving and only barely fended for myself. I found my food in dumpsters and got water from the well, but for many years the water was polluted and dirty - full of mud." Levi grimaced. "How filthy... To think I actually did such things. I couldn't even take a shower. Then, one day, I couldn't take it anymore. I started stealing my food, and breaking into people's homes for new clothing and other possessions. I'm very surprised I was never caught - I wasn't very good. Very clumsy. The next year, when I was sixteen, I got to thinking. It was something I shouldn't have thought of. My parents were murdered, so shouldn't someone have to pay for that? Like the people who took their lives? It's an eye for an eye, now isn't it? So why not a life for a life? It seemed fair enough at the time. So I killed many innocent people, trying to find the men that killed my family. I killed those who wouldn't give me information, and those who simply angered me. I finally decided to go out into the woods. I meandered around for a long time looking, and I finally came across a cabin. I snuck in and found the men. I knew it was them. All had changed was their hair color. Now they had strands of grey and white in their hair. They were gambling, so I waited. As each left the room to use the bathroom, I took them down. The others I stabbed as they came looking for those that went to the bathroom. I finally killed them all after multiple hours. So now that there was a vacant house I stayed there and lived out my days. I grew my own crops - I made a few new friends! I lived there for a good two years. One day, as I was outside gathering crops, I heard loud sounds in the distance. I looked to see what was making the sound, and I saw a huge Titan walking. I had never seen them before or learned of them, so I was terrified. I rushed inside and put the food on the table and rushed back out. I turned left and ran to my friends house. But they weren't there. I only saw rubble - rocks and mud smashed into the ground. Fear flowing through my veins once again, I jumped on top of the rubble to look for survivors. There was no one. Just blood hanging barely on the tips of the bits of wood from the beams. That was when I decided to never let my emotions show - just let everything go and forget about it. It would only be more heartbreak in the end. Full of rage, I ran back to my house and looked for a weapon. As I rushed back to my house, I saw soldiers in the distance. They were wearing green capes and they flew up into the air and swiftly sliced the animal's neck. They ran over and asked if I was okay. I just stared off into the distance. That was also the day I decided to join the Regiment. The Commander sighed and got back on his beautiful, black stallion. They were about to leave when I called them back. I asked them to take me with and they did without hesitation. So I joined the Scouts and gradually made it to the top of the regiment, and earned the title of humanity's strongest soldier. Then I met you, and I want nothing to do but have you always by my side, and I will do anything to protect you, even if it means my life. I will not lose anymore of my loved ones again, and that is a vow I make to you right now. So I have to ask you," Levi got up and grabbed something from his back pocket, then he knelt down on one knee. "Will you marry me, (y/n)?"