chapter 8

We headed back to find our mate frantically searching around. "Laura, were here." She came and tackled us, whimpering and nuzzling into our chest as her fur became matted with tears of joy. (Why mate leave....) we heard her voice for the first time ever as me and Rienbyirn reeled back from the sheer beauty and calming affect it had. " I...we saw you calm bryce by nuzzling him...we had gotten jealous of him...and thought you wanted him..." I looked down ashamed, before I felt a gentle lick against my chest. (Forgive mate...just no more...never again...bryce was friend... not mate...want only mate...) her broken speech was so adorable, my heart melted and I wrapped my arms around her furry neck and nuzzled into it as I hear the deep growling purr emerge from her. ( mate feel good...). I smiled and held her close. "Mine." Was the only thing that ran through my head and the only thing I could say. I felt her give gentle licks along my ears and felt everything else melt away but her. She is ours and ours alone. Nobody will ever harm her again. We stood there for a few moments until we let go. Her father coughed. "So, son, I never introduced myself, im John." I nodded. "John, we gotta go, my sister is probably on her way home now". He nodded and petted Laura."be a good girl for your mate alright?" She nuzzled his hand and turned to me. I kissed her forehead and shifted to reinbyirns form as I took off for home with laura close behind. Man, sissys gonna be pissed. I know bud.