Chapter Five -new blood

I felt the pure power course through me, along with the mere instinct of us to save our mate, As we connect and sink our claws into Bryce's brown fur. We are one now. I clamped our jaws around Bryce's tough neck and hung on for dear life as he thrashed around. I held my grip for what seemed like ages before it finnally loosened and we were flung against the tree roughly. I released a yelp and felt a rib crack from the force of the impact. Come on, we have to save mate!!. I...this hurts... I looked over and saw our mates eyes flash open and heard her whine and that was all I needed. Something inside myself snapped and I felt a new change flourish through my body, bringing with it multiple waves of pain. I felt spikes burst from my spine and my talons elongate while sharpening. I felt my hide harden as I let loose a otherworldly growl towards Bryce. "You...you hurt our mate!" I lunged and roared before raking my talons down his back and clamping my enlongated canines into his throat with a growl. He yelped and squirmed but I pressed my paw down onto his chest, feeling his ribs crack. "And now you die for your stupidi-"...I felt a sharp pain in my side and my vision blacken a little as I collapsed off of Bryce and drug myself through the blurriness and darkness towards our mate. I...mate....no... and then everything went quiet and dark.