Ocean Blue- Chapter 1

*BLURB*

Cassie has to move away. She's not happy. But when she arrives in Doncaster and meets lover boy Zac, will things change? Until they meet a mermaid who needs their help. Will they work together and help her? And most importantly Will Cassie move back home and never see Zac or the mermaid again?

____________________________________

"Mum why do we have to move?" I moaned. I was in my bedroom, packing.

"Cassie, How many times?" she sighed, "Your dad got a new job and were moving."

"But what happens if I don't fit in?" I protested.

"I've told you, were trying it out for a month and if you haven't settled in after a month, we'll come back. Please sweetie, just try it."

I sighed, "Okay." 

"Thank you." She said and walked away.

I opened my wardrobe and started with my t-shirts. I took them all out and folded them all neatly and placed them into my light blue suitcase. I worked my way through all my clothes and just about fitted them all in my suitcase. I grabbed my other dark blue suitcase for the rest of my stuff and started packing that too.

An hour later I had finished all my packing. I looked at the clock. It was 12.15 pm. We had to be ready to leave the house at 1 o'clock to catch the train at 2 o'clock.

"Cassie! Hurry up!" My mum shouted.

"I'm coming!" I ran down the stairs with my two suitcases and gave them to my dad to put in the car. I took my coat from my mum and slipped on my shoes.

Before we left I took one last look at the house. I was going to miss that place. I mean, yeah I've been away for a month once before when I was visiting my cousin. But at least I knew I was coming back. I kept my eye on the house and watched it until it was no longer in view. I turned around in my seat and sighed. I took out my iPod and put some Taylor Swift on as I was being dragged away. Dragged away from my hometown. Dragged away from the place I love and the people I love. I looked at my watch, it was going to be a long journey.

><

We arrived at the train station in time. We got on the train and I sat looking out the window and listening to Taylor Swift on my iPod for most of the journey.

"Cassie, wake up." I heard someone say.

I opened my eyes and my mum was shaking me awake.

"Are we here?" I asked.

"Yeah."

I got up and followed my mum off the train. My dad was standing with our luggage next to a bench.

"Come on. There's a taxi waiting over there for us." He said.

I picked up my suitcases and heaved them over to the taxi. I gave them to the taxi driver who put them in the boot.

"Moving house?" he joked.

"Well guessed." my mum replied.

The taxi driver's smile escaped from his face. "Oh," was all he said. My dad sat in the front and had a long conversation with the taxi driver for the whole journey.

When we arrived at the house we said thanks to the taxi driver and he drove off.

"Well here we go." My mum said as we walked up to the house.

My dad opened the door and we went inside. There sitting on the stairs, grinning at us, was my older brother Harry.

"Harry!" I said as I ran to give him a hug.

"Hey there, Cass" he said, hugging me back.

Harry and my older sister Olivia came here yesterday so they could get everything ready for our arrival, as my dad would have to work the next day, so he wouldn't have much time to do anything.

"Where is Olivia?" I asked. Right on cue, Olivia walked in the door.

"Hey!" She said and my parents gave her a hug then I did.

"So, come on Cass," Olivia said, "Time for the tour."

I smiled and followed her around into the sitting room.

"Wow! You and Harry did a good job," I said.

We had sent the removal van off a day before us so we had to sleep in sleeping bags that night. We gradually made it around the house and in each room I entered I was speachless. There was only two rooms left. I went into one of them, and looked around it was massive and it had some steps going up into the attic. There was a balcony, I stepped out onto the balcony that overlooked the garden.

"Wow," I breathed.

"We thought you'd like it." She said and I nodded.

"Can I have this room?" I asked.

"You haven't seen the other room yet." Olivia replied.

I followed her into the next room. It had it's own bathroom and a balcony but I liked the other room better.

"Which room do you want?" Olivia asked as we walked out the door.

"That one," I said pointing to the room and walking towards it.

It was gorgeous. I loved it. I walked up the steps and looked around. It may have been an attic but it wasn't like all the other attics. It wasn't a dusty attic, with spiders and cobwebs. It was a clean attic with fairy lights hanging from the roof. I smiled then walked back down the steps and stood on the balcony. There was a beach in the distance, it looked really pretty. The sun was shining on the sea and it  looked like someone had sprinkled glitter all over it. I heard banging of a hammer and i went into the room it was coming from. My dad was putting up a bed.

"Oh hey Cass. Can you hand me that screw please?"

I walked over to where the screw was and gave it to him.

"Are you putting up all the beds?"

"Yeah, yours and mine," he replied.

After we'd finished putting the beds up that was it. Harry and Olivia had done everything yesterday. And they'd bought new sofas and stuff aswell so the house looked more homely. It was a gorgeous house. I was starting to like Doncaster although I'd only been there one day. I loved the house and Olivia and Harry had assured me that everyone was very nice.

That night I stood on the balcony and looked up at the stars. It was really pretty. I decided to make a wish. I scanned the stars to look for the shiniest star. I stared at it and wished that I'd make friends.

------------

A/N:

Hello monkeys!

How was it? Let me know! Trailer to this book is on the side(: >>>>>

Vote, comment share?

Thanks!

~Gemma x