Citizens Aren't All Defenseless! [1]

Ey first chapter! Special thanks to Gretchen006 for helping me out with the character. Check out her account, her writing is amazing!!

------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god! That robber stole my purse!" I hear and turn to see a woman pointing to a running robber. I look around but don't see X-Ray and Vav. So I immediately sprint after the robber, tackle him and give the lady back her purse.

"Oh thank you so much! Who are you?" She asks with excitement in her eyes.

"Just another citizen trying to make a difference, that's all." I say but am interrupted by the sound of a bus halting.

"Fear not citizens, we are here to help!" X-Ray says as him and Vav strike a pose.

"The crime has already been solved X-Ray. Guess the girl here beat you to it." A guy says and points to me. I instantly turn to him and glare as X-Ray and Vav come over.

"Did you stop that no-good thief?" Vav asks me and I simply nod. The look on X-Ray's face was priceless, he was mumbling about how I shouldn't have done that because it was their city to protect.

"Um.. excuse me Vav.. but can I go now?" I shyly ask him.

"Sure! But I just would like to know one thing, your name." Vav's accent and happy tone cause me to smile.

"Uh.. it's Kat, but I'm thinking if I ever became a cool superhero like you guys, I'd call myself Raven." I blush, embarrassed by my dreams of becoming a superhero. But everyone has dreams right?

"Well Ms. Raven, thank you for your assistance!" Vav smiles at me and X-Ray only nods to me, clearly wanting nothing to do with me. I nod and turn on my heels, in the direction of my apartment. As soon as I walk through the door, I collapse onto my bed.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did I say that!?" I groan at my own stupidity. I sounded like a child when I talked with Vav. Okay, maybe I did have a mini crush on the two heros, but I totally messed up my chance to talk with them! I glance over at the clock, 10:20 pm. I quickly eat some cereal, change into pajamas and snuggle myself under the covers.

~ Dream ~

I'm in the city... why? A shadowy figure moves behind me. I turn around to check but nothing is behind me anymore. I look forward to see a bear-man. I fall back onto my butt and he leans down at me. He sniffs me and his harsh glare lightens.

"You're...." He stops mid-sentence and grabs my arm.

"Let go of me!" I yell and he steps back.

"I'll find you... I have to.." He mumbles to himself and my thoughts are interrupted by buzzing.

~ End of Dream~

"Damn phone... Shut up!" I rage at my phone as my alarm goes off. I sit up in bed and hug my knees.

"What the heck did that guy want?" I ask as I turn on the TV and his face is on the news.

'A bear-man is seen around the city, going by the name Mogar. Is he a new hero? A new villain? Are X-Ray and Vav going to help us??" The news reporter woman announces. I lay back in bed and stare at the ceiling.

"Things are getting weirder and weirder by the day..." I say before closing my eyes again.

---------------------------------

Here's the first chapter! Who is the bear-man?? What are his intentions with Kat?

Sorry if some of it is confusing, I'll probably go back and edit it all.

Feel free to vote and comment for the next chapter!

~Skitz