⌘⌘⌘  

Aaron quietly entered his apartment again, sighing when he saw the door unlocked. He entered the cold home before fumbling with the keys as he locked the door, shutting it.

And when Aaron turned around, he jumped a little.

Luke was seated on the sofa, his arms crossed as his hazel eyes were hard, angry. Aaron swallowed. Looked away. "I really screwed up this time haven't I?" He whispered quietly, feeling the pang of pain travel up his throat.

Aaron noticed how quiet the apartment was, and he knew the rest of them have already left. It didn't help him feel better.

Luke's stare softened. He sighed, setting his jaw. "You did."

Aaron grimly nodded his head. Looked down on his shoes. Clenched his fists. D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶y̶.̶

Aaron let out a small breath as he quietly took a seat by the couch, his elbow resting against the armrest as he buried his face in his hand. It always seemed so sudden to Aaron how the pain always seems to catch him off guard.

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶s̶e̶.̶

"You shouldn't have been too harsh on her," Luke mumbled, pursing his lips in disapproval. "She didn't know."

Aaron swallowed. "I know."

Luke exhaled a frustrated breath. "Then why did you?"

Aaron shook his head, clenching his jaw. He didn't know how to answer Luke, and he'd never understand anyway. It was like a sudden drive; almost like a demon possessing his soul. He couldn't control it, because James, James, James. "Did she cry?" Aaron asked quietly, panicking when he heard the despair in his voice.

Luke grimly nodded his head. H̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶. "She was sobbing." His chest hurt.

Aaron looked down onto his lap, feeling his fingers unconsciously clench. I̶t̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶,̶ ̶h̶u̶r̶t̶. This chunk of guilt, despair and pain settled itself right in the middle of his chest, contracting the most vicious streams of pain throughout his body.

E̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶.̶

Aaron let out a quiet breath, not bearing to meet Luke's disappointed gaze. Usually he'd be the one giving them to him; Aaron didn't know how they switched roles.

"I'm going to go do some homework," Aaron muttered quietly, swallowing as he got up.

"She left you something in your room," Luke said mindlessly, looking up to meet Aaron's wide eyed stare.

H̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶s̶k̶. "What?"

Luke shrugged. "She didn't tell us, she just told me she kept it on your night stand."

P̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶n̶. Aaron swallowed before he nodded his head, and off he went.

Thrills of anxiety climbed up his body; from the tips of his toes to the ends of his disheveled hair. It was as though the pain was a mountain climber; soaring up from his stomach to his heart. He could feel bits of his heart tear off as the pain lingered, and it was then that he thought, he deserved it.