A Fucked Up Lie In A Fucked Up World

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" Johnny asked as I searched for some sort of odor spray. 

I ignored him for a second, "Uh... Nothing. Val, do you have body spray? Anything?" She nodded, pulling a violet scented body spray out of her bag. "Thanks!" 

I ran back to the bunk and sprayed it... More like drowned it in the spray. Then I took myself a shower so I wouldn't smell or look like shit. 

The bus was at a standstill at the entrance of the hotel. We gathered our suitcases and made our way to the front counters. I had forgotten that Jackie was already here, for a quick second. Next thing you know, I was on my way to room 420. 

The elevator ride was the longest I had ever taken. I couldn't help to compare this ride to the one I was on when I ran after her. That night was full of bitter disappointment. But this was different, because I was going to see her. I expected her to be in the room. I wanted to finally hold her. Except, this was the first time I'd seen her since the whole drunk-fight. I didn't know whether or not to start with an apology or with a kiss. 

The doors parted and I dragged my suitcases down the hallway. I passed a vase with roses in them, so I took them. I wanted Jackie to think I knew she was coming. Also, I thought it'd be a funny story later. I knocked on the door, covering the peephole. I wanted to surprise her, so in my squeakiest voice I said, "Room Service."

"I didn't order any!" She shouted from the other side of the door. "Come back later." 

I held back a laugh, "Room service. Por favor, abra la puerta. Llamaste al servicio de... house." I slapped my forehead, just thinking of how stupid my spanish sounded. I turned the door handle and found it to be unlocked. 

"Hey! What the hell!? Get ou- Brian!" She shouted, running to me from the bed. She hopped on me and wrapped her legs around my middle. I dropped my bags and the bouquet and closed the door behind me. 

I moved us over to the bed, gently laying her down. She still didn't let me go and honestly, I was fine with that. I loved holding her in my arms. 

I pulled away to get a look at her. She looked as beautiful as ever. I'm the luckiest guy in the world... that makes the worst choices possible. 

She pressed her lips to mine as I collapsed on the bed. I felt every single curvature of her body and it made me feel like a million bucks. What have I done to deserve such a loving girl like her? 

"I've missed you so much!" She said, kissing my face, in which I giggled. 

I rolled her on top of me, "I missed you too babe. You look so God damned beautiful." She blushed, "I thought you were mad at me." 

She let out a laugh and removed my beanie, "Of course I am. I'm really pissed off at you. But I haven't seen you in so long, that right now, I could careless." 

"What have you been doing since I've left?" I randomly asked. I knew I'd get something that had to do with Andrew. I was prepared. I learned to accept the fact that she worked for him. It was out of my hands. 

"Uh. You know, mope around the house with Pinkly. Go visit Zina and Matt. Spend time with your dad and mom. Hang out with Gena. Do my nails with Michelle... You know just the basic." She got off me and fixed her shorts. "How about you?" She quickly turned the spotlight to me.

"Haven't you been going to work? Since when have you had time to visit my parents, let alone do your nails?" I sat up, now looking at her bite down on her perfectly manicured nails. 

She smiled, "I have a weekend off... Andrew wanted me to relax because it's going to get busy." 

"Oh. Well can you go on tour with us for a few days? I promise to take you to the airport when it's time to go. Please?" I begged. I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible. 

"Of course. Just promise me one thing." She said, walking over to me and fitting herself between my legs which were dangling off the bed. 

"Anything." Stupid response Brian, I though to myself. 

"No fighting. I want to enjoy this with you. It'll be the only time I spend with you until you get back home." She stuck out her bottom lip. "Can we please make that happen? No questions asked? We can put the whole cheating fiasco on hold." 

I nodded. The last thing I wanted was to fight for the whole weekend straight; the only weekend we'd spend together for a while. 

Jackie's POV

Brian was in the restroom, getting ready for an appearance while I laid under the covers watching the news. It's horrible how we live in a world where there's always violence. Someone got raped. Someone got abducted. Someone got beaten and left to die. There's a war against almost every nation. It's sad. 

"... A 42-year old man is getting used in New Hampshire for lying about his age on a social network. And now studies are showing that people in this century are bound to lie more about their age and keep secrets about their personal life. Ana Trevor is in Downtown to inform us about this study. Ana." 

I gulped and changed the channel quickly, remembering Brian grilling my ass about work. I feared he knew something. But he was sort of oblivious to the signs. 

I knew I had to dodge every opportunity I got when it came to speaking about the job I once had. If Brian ever found out without meaning to... I'd be dead. I was just waiting for the right time.

As far as our fight about him cheating went, it wasn't going to be spoken of until I was good and ready. When we did speak, I told him I wasn't able to forgive him but with time I would. I understood that he was used to doing it on tour and it was a habit he had to break. But he had to understand that he couldn't do it anymore... As for me, when the time is right...