Chapter 19 Brian Davis

"Hey Ruzek, you got a minute?" I'm glad I've caught him before he went inside, I really don't want to have this conversation in front of Platt.

"What's up Davis?" he shoves his phone in his pocket.

"I just wanted to let you know, your mother and I are going out tomorrow night" I watch as he folds him arms over his chest, "I know she's been through a lot, I just thought you should know"

"She told me. If you hurt her in any way, I swear you won't live to regret it" he starts to head in the district.

"I won't Sean, you have my word"

"I'm going to hold you to it"

I hang out a few minutes outside, I find myself in front of the memorial wall for fallen officers. I silently promise Adam that I will look after his family, that is if Kim will let me.

"Davis, get over here!" Platt calls me, as soon as I step foot inside.

"Yea?"

"A little birdie tells me you are taking Kim Ruzek out tomorrow night, is it true?" She's leaning over the counter, I have to back up otherwise we are nose to nose as soon as I try to take a step back she grabs my arm and pulls me closer "is it true?"

"Yes"

"So help me god Davis, if you hurt her, I will hurt you" her grip tightens on my arm to show she means business. "She's like a daughter to me, I mean it Davis"

I give her my best smile, "I don't have any intentions of hurting her, and don't worry Jen Roman and her boyfriend Derek will be with us"

"I will be watching you Davis"