Chapter 11 Sean Ruzek

What a difference a month makes, Adam has spent every afternoon at the firehouse, Kyle and Kelly both telling me how great he as has been.

I'm off today and Kaylee has class, so I'm going to surprise my mom and Dani and take them out for lunch. I've already had my grandpa pick Liam up and Adam is at the firehouse.

I stop and pick up some flowers for my mom, my dad was always doing stuff like that for her.

"Dani?" I call out.

"Sean!" she comes flying out of her bedroom and practically flies into my arms "I missed you" her arms wrap around my neck.

"Where's mommy?"

"She's out back talking to daddy again" sometimes I worry if she remembers dad, for a long time we didn't speak about him in front of my mom the mere mention of his name would cause her to break down.

I don't go outside, but I watch from the window and if I'm not mistaken I see a sliver of a smile on her face.

"Hey, Dani, has mom been talking to daddy a lot?"

"Yea, a couple of days" she's involved in some television show now.

"Have you had lunch yet?"

"Nope"

"You want to go out to eat with your big brother?"

Her eyes light up, "yes!"

"Go get ready"

I decide to step outside, "hey mom" I say softly, "can I sit with you?"

"Hey Baby, where's Kaylee?"

"Class, I came by to see,if you and Dani wanted to go out to lunch?" I'm slightly nervous as she usually turns these offers down.

"That's sounds nice, can you give me twenty minutes to get changed?"

"Absolutely" I'm thrilled.

As she heads inside she stops at the door and looks at me "did you set Adam up at the firehouse with Kyle?"

I didn't want her to know I had anything to do with it, but I can't keep anything from her "guilty as charged, Kyle said he's been great and really helpful"

"Thank you so much. Our Adam is coming back to us Sean, and it's because of you" I can see a tear slide down her cheek "your dad, he'd be so proud of you"

"You don't have to thank me Mom, you and dad you saved me. I'm just returning the favor"

I can hear Dani telling us to hurry up, "you better get dressed, that little girl isn't very patient"