Chapter 13 Kyle Long

My heart is in my throat as soon as we roll up on the scene, Kaylee's car is totaled.

I quickly jump off the truck, and I can feel Adam on my heels, "Kyle, that's Kaylee's car, isn't it?" I hear his question but I can't get my mouth to answer. I know he's breaking the rules by getting out of the truck, but I don't care.

I rush to driver's side, hoping Kaylee is okay, I'm relieved to see her conscious.

"Kyle, my leg it's pinned" her voice calmer than I am.

"Severide, get over here" I call out for him, he runs over the rest of squad following him, the driver from the other car already out and in the back of an ambulance.

"Kaylee, are you okay?" Kelly asks her.

"I think so, my leg hurts but I don't think it's broken" she tells him as squad works to free her leg.

I can hear Adam freaking out, "Adam, it's okay, Kaylee's okay"

They free her from the car and place her on a stretcher, "Kyle, please call Sean" she asks.

"I will, Kaylee and I will meet you at Chicago Med.Are you sure you're okay?" I've already dialed Sean's number.

"Ruzek"

"Sean, it's me Kyle. Don't freak out" probably not the best way to start out this conversation.

I can hear Sean's voice change.

"Is Adam okay?" Sean asks.

"Adam's fine, it's Kaylee, she's on her way to Chicago Med, she's been in an accident" I want to tell him, that I think she's fine but he's already hung up.

"Kyle, is Kaylee okay?" Adam looks terrified, I put my hand on his shoulder. Poor kid won't take my word for it, I guess I understand his family has seen mare than their fair share of tragedy.

"I think so, it's just a precaution" I tell him as every gets back on the truck, I already notified the chief that I was leaving once we get back to the house.