Chapter 13: Meeting Bella Part Two

Hazel curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee in her hands lost in thought as she looked out the window.

"Mom, can I talk to you," a nervous voice asked shaking her from her thoughts. She looked over smiling tiredly at her "youngest" son.

"Of course Edward," she gestured for him to take a seat.

"Bella knows about my," he paused trying to find the right word, "ability."

"Is that why you were with her last night? Does she know about you; the family?"

"No, at least not yet; I know that she's getting suspicious so it's only a matter of time," Edward explained.

"Do you feel she's worth it," Hazel asked setting her cup down.

"Yes," he replied without hesitation.

"So you came to ask for my approval right?" He nodded; his head hanging slightly.

"Edward I told you before that I approved of you dating Isabella and my answer has not changed. However, my only conditions are that you: 1. Ask Charlie's permission and 2. I want to meet her; officially of course," Hazel replied her warm gaze unwavering.

"Yes ma'am," her youngest son smiled before pulling her into a hug, "I love you mom."

"I love you too."

Later that day Hazel was back in La Push except her intensions were entirely different. First she stopped at the Clearwater residence.

"Hazel," Harry Clearwater said; surprise coating his tone.

"Hey Harry," Hazel greeted smiling softly. Without a word Harry pulled her into his arms hugging her tightly. Hazel rested her head on his shoulder as she hugged him back.

"What are you doing here," he asked pulling away.

"I need to ask you something," Hazel fidgeted biting her lip nervously; her fear of rejection weighing on her heart.

"What is it?"

"Will um will you give me away," she sputtered out quickly her cheeks reddening with embarrassment. There was a moment's pause that caused the knot in Hazel's stomach to clench making her feel sick.

"Of course I'd be happy to give you away Hazel," Harry finally responded. Hazel's neck cracked loudly as her head snapped up. Unfortunately the words of gratitude that were about to come out of her mouth were never expressed.

"Harry! Harry come quick," Jared yelled sweat dripping from his heaving form as he bent over to catch his breath; his hands on his knees.

"What's wrong," he replied shock clear in his voice.

"Harry go get a glass of water please," Hazel demanded politely as she helped Jared up to a porch chair. Quiet puffs of air escaped his mouth as he tried to regain his breath.

"Why... why a-are you," he paused to take a breath, "Being so nice to me?" Hazel sighed using her jacket sleeve to wipe the sweat from his face.

"Jared, I don't hate you. I just don't like the fact that you guys don't care what happens to my family. Now what were you trying to tell Harry?" His face blanched and he jumper up like someone lit his rear on fire.

"Emily: she's hurt!"

"Hurt?! Hurt how? Take me to her," she said pulling him to her car while calling over her shoulder, "Harry we'll be back!"

"Where am I going Jared?"

"Sam's house," he replied gripping the handle above the passenger side door. It didn't take Hazel long to pull up in the gravel drive way and it was barely in park before she was jumping out. She stumbled; her heels slipping on loose rocks as she rushed inside the quaint home with Jared right behind her.