09: Candler Road: 2|2

Jaden

Man... it's getting late.

I was positive it was past twelve. Jasmine's head was resting on my shoulder, snoring softly. Donald had his eyes opened wide, fiddling with his fingers and fidgeting around like we hadn't been driving for what seemed to be three whole hours..

"Do you know if we're close Troy?" I asked her softly.

"I'm not sure." I could tell Troian was started to lose a little hope. She kept her eyes on the road, chewing her lip in nervousness. I didn't blame her. Trying to stay awake, I looked out of the window and began to focus on the things I saw... which was much considering how dark it was outside...

Twenty minutes in, and I was seconds away from falling asleep when I saw something. I wanted to assume I was dreaming, but then I realized that the face I saw was really familiar..

"STOP THE CAR." I yelled. Troian stomped the brakes, and the tires hissed to a stop. I threw the door open and ran down the street as fast as I could. "BIANCA!" I called out.

"How do you know my name?" She stepped forward cautiously. I didn't get to respond, because without further words Troian lunged at Bianca.

"Bitch! Where the fuck is my sister!?" Those seven words were shouted while interspersed fists made their way towards Bianca's face. Chance then came up behind her and intervened. "Troy, get off her! How are we gone find Ashley after you beat the hell out of what could be our last chance?? Chill!" He picked her up and bent down to her ear to murmur some words to her. Whatever it was worked almost instantly; she calmed down within a matter of seconds.

"Bianca, give me the address to Kari's house. Now." I flinched, then whirled around to see Donald standing there with the most deranged look I've ever seen from anyone. He looked to see better days after doing shrooms.

Bianca cringed. "Don, I'm not sure what the exact address is.. I just know it's some house on Candler Road. Her car is parked—"

"Let's go." And with that he stalked back to the car, hopped in the driver's seat, and waited until everyone piled in. Then he sped off, heart set on finding Ashley. I smiled. So far that night, we had gained absolutely no progress in terms of finding Ashley.  I looked down at Jasmine, who had resettled on my shoulder and was dozing back off. She wrapped her arms around my torso and my heart rate sped up. Her scent was invading my nose, and I gave myself a goofy grin before resting my chin on her neck.

Chance 

My face lit up the second we were rolling on the road again. I gave a quick call to the police to let them know we had received information of the house that Kari had possibly taken Ashley to. They told us to remain calm and make our way to the police station so that we could pick Ashley up there. I agreed and hung up the phone before giving the car a run down of what the officer told me.

"Man, fuck them!" Donald shouted, speeding up while continuing, "ain't nobody got time for them to show up three hours later than we will and give me the news that Ashley is dead! It ain't going down like that.." he had gotten worked up in a matter of seconds. I peeped over from the back seat to see that this nigga was advancing from a calm 50mph to 84mph. 

Well damn..

Bianca shot me a worried look from the front, but I shook my head at her to assure that we'd be fine. Hopefully. Anyways, we arrived at the house fifteen minutes later. Donald made sure to turn the headlights off before pulling into the driveway. Everyone got out of the car smoothly and form a circle in the driveway. I started jogging in place, trying to get myself together. Of course I was ready to kick ass and all, but the police officer said Kari had a gun, and Bianca had told me on the way there that Ashley had been shot in the leg. I decided not to share that information with Don; I hated being the bad news bearer because I was always the one getting hurt and such. Like, physically.