05: Poke

→Recap

.

"Jasmine?"

My eyes flitted towards the door to see Jaden standing there with the same smile on his face. "I'll be waiting for you." He winked and left.

I made sure of their absence from the diner before I fainted.

→End of Recap:

Jasmine

"Girl! Jazz!! Get up!! They're back!!"

My eyes fluttered open before feeling myself being lifted up and patted.

"Jazz you didn't even tell us what he said to you!!"

What had just happened? Before I could process any of it, Jaden had came through the door and walked directly towards me. Whoa.

Jaden

→ fifteen minutes before Jaden returned:

"BRUUUUUUUH!" Chance yelled in my ear, "did you get her number?? Better yet, did you get the other girls' numbers? There was that one girl in there with the short cut hair and the-"

"CHILL CHANCE." Donald was driving pretty fast after I nervously stuttered to him our next move. "THAT ONE IS MINE."

"WHO ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN? I'm talking about the one with.."

I couldn't stop smiling. Jasmine. Jasmine Jasmine Jasmine. I couldn't stop repeating her name in my head. She was so pretty—no, she was beautiful. I had to make sure she had the time of her life with me that night.

I answered Chance's questions. "Dude. I barely remember any of the stuff I said. But I told her they were going to the concert with us and she said okay. Dude.. I kissed her on the cheek."

"Where did those balls come from man? I didn't know you had it in you, Lil' Og Pimpin'!" I laughed at Chance before we all got out of the initial car we were in and hopped into the second.

Don't ask why we changed cars, man. It's a famous-people thing.

On our way back, Donald and Chance gave me some prep talk before I went in to go and get Jasmine.

Donald

"Dude. I swear to you, yo. She was Blasian."

"You're out of your mind man she wasn't Blasian. She looked more Asian than Black, anyway.."

"Doesn't matter."

"Donald could you once go for something other than a Blasian girl?? Maybe a Black girl, or a White girl?"

"I tried that once man. Kari Faux." I silently cringed at the memory. Sure, the attention was good, but she wasn't someone I could do anything with past a friend with benefits. I was almost positive Chance thought I was racist, and the saddest part was also the most truthful.

I didn't give two flying fücks what Chance thought. Chance and Jaden could both suck my ass.

"Or. A. White. Girl?"

"Listen here, nigga. If there's one thing I've learned about Black chicks and White chicks, it's that they always come with a set of politics. I don't want a stereotypical Black girl with hoop earrings and an oversized back side. I don't want a stereotypical White girl with blonde locks and Starbucks addiction, either. I want a stereotypical Blasian girl with chinky eyes and a kinky side in the bedroom."

Chance fell into a fit of laughter after that one.

"NÏGGA YOU STUPID!" He roared in my ear, and I slapped him across the back of his neck. Chance is probably the loudest person I know, no shït.

Troian

"Achoo!"

"Bless you."

"Thank you."

"You're not welcome."

I rubbed the sides of my temples, trying to ease the small pains that were forming in my head. Was I coming down with something?

"You okay, Troy?" I nodded at Ashley's words before standing up. "So, who are we going to see perform?"

"Drake, and-"

"OH MY GOD." The words flew out of my mouth before I could stop them. "Do you guys know him??"

"Well, no. But Kendrick got us some ti-"

"OH MY GOD. Y'ALL KNOW KENDRICK LAMAR??"

"LOOK WHO'S BEING ALL FAN-GIRLY NOW." Jasmine stuck her tongue out at me and I frowned. I mean c'mon... Kendrick Lamar is pretty fire...

Jaden was laughing and smiling hard, it was so cute to see him practically drooling over Jasmine, who was oblivious to everything. Why couldn't I find something like that?

After we had properly acquainted ourselves with him, Jaden led us to the car, where I see Chance the Rapper...in...the...back...seat....

Chancelor Bennett was in the back seat. Wow.

I hated his music.

Ashley

Jaden told me to hop in the front seat so he could sit next to Jasmine, and since I was so happy about the two of them getting to know each other, I plopped down in the front seat.

"Hey." I looked over and my heart dropped fanatically.

Childish Gambino. My favorite artist of all time was sitting right next to me. Now, Childish Gambino wasn't just an artist to me; he was a friend. There were nights that nothing but his music could keep me from crying, and when I did cry, his music let me know that I wasn't alone. When the media looked at his songs negatively I couldn't help but get angry. He was doing nothing but sharing his thoughts with the world, thoughts that every individual had. When his album Because the Internet came out, I couldn't listen to anything else- I swear it.

"Hi." I finally said after a while. He flashed a smile, showing off his dazzling white teeth before he said, "Don't call me Gambino; call me Donald or Donny."

I laughed and nodded my head to comply, "Sure thing, Donny." He chuckled, "But um.. just because I can't call you Gambino doesn't mean we can't talk about Gambino's music, right?"

"We can talk about 'him' right after Donald gets to know your name."

I blushed shyly before saying, "Ashley. Ashley Monroe."

"Very pretty. Reminds me of a song I wrote once."

"What's it entitled?"

"Ashley." Donald laughed at me, and I pouted playfully.

Chancelor

I looked up and almost choked on my own spit.

Getting into our car was the baddest female I had ever seen in my entire 21 years of existence, I was positive. She looked kinda irritated, eyebrows furrowed, but her body was screaming otherwise in a sexy black dress she had on. I scooted over to give her some room.

"Hey, I'm Chance." I smiled at her.

"I know who you are." She frowned at me.

Oh. That didn't sound too nice. "Well, can I know your name?"

"Troian."

"Can I call you Troy?"

"Are you a friend of mine?"

"I'd like to be."

"Sounds unfortunate." Troian turned away from me and got in her phone, leaving me speechless. She just curved every ball I threw at her.

This wasn't looking like the night I thought it was gonna be.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the long wait guys /: school was getting kinda hectic towards the end, but I'm free now!

I really appreciate the positive feedback that I'm getting from this story, and trust me when I say we are nowhere towards the end lol.

Thank you millions,
fulltime-intr0vert ♡