04: Sober

Jaden

The girl of my freaking dreams was making her way towards me.

She sashayed her way over to me, big doe eyes and big, huge curly hair cascading down her back. Not to mention a smile that I knew was going to constantly take my breath away every single time I saw it.

"Hey," She didn't say to anyone in particular, "I'm Jasmine, and those are my friends over there." She pointed towards two other girls across the room.

"We were wondering if you guys maybe wanted to-"

"Yes."

Chance and Donald looked at me. I was confused for a sec.

Did I say that?

"Uhh.. sure..." Donald furrowed his eyebrows at me. Chance gave me a face of pure confusion. The girl smiled before she started walking back towards her table, and before I knew it my body was being pulled towards her. I felt my legs climb over Chance.

"Get the hell off of me man! if you wanted to talk to her just say so!" He shoved me forward so that I was standing on my feet. My legs felt like noodles the second she turned around. She waved at me shyly, and I waved back. I swallowed hastily, surprised that I hadn't pissed myself yet.

"Hi."

Jasmine

"Giiiiiiirrrrrrl. You better go back over there and get you some of Jaden Smith!!" Troian hissed. "He got up girl, go talk to him!!"

I looked back over at Jaden, who was still standing there with a dreamy smile on his face.

"Are y'sure?"

"Positive!!" Ashley shoved me forward, "go!!"

I almost tripped over my own foot, but I prayed that I still looked kinda cute while walking towards Jaden. I put my hand out and he took it softly. His hand was as warm as his smile that was gleaming at me brightly.

"So.. I see your homeboys didn't accompany you?"

"Nah, those guys?" He nodded back at them smoothly, "They were a little nervous about having to talk to your girls."

"How do you know they weren't checking for me?" I flirted playfully.

"Because I've been checking for you the second you walked in." He grabbed my other hand and I swear I could've just flew away right then and there. He came a little closer and kissed my cheek before pulling away to face me. "You're beautiful.. what do you say you let me take you and your friends to a concert tonight?"

I couldn't say much, I was so caught off guard by his gesture. So instead of responding verbally, I just nodded my head. "Great," he chuckled, "Meet us outside in about fifteen minutes. I gotta go get the other car."

OTHER CAR!?

I nodded again, frozen in my place, hand still touching my cheek where he kissed it. Jaden went back over to his table and they all talked for a few minutes. Just as Ashley and Troian came up, they all got up and got ready to leave.

"Jasmine?"

My eyes flitted towards the door to see Jaden standing there with the same smile on his face. "I'll be waiting for you." He winked and left.

I made sure of their absence from the diner before I fainted.

Author's Note:

Jaden finally found some guts and game! And better yet.. it worked?

This chapter is supposed to be where the whole passage takes off, and I'm hoping that you guys are finally getting a little bit more interested in my story. I see that people are reading, but I'd love it if a vote or comment was given, so that I can have feedback!

If anyone has any ideas towards the story in any perspective, I'm all ears! Or, eyes...

Thank you for all your support,
fulltime-intr0vert ♡