06: No Small Talk

Author's Note:

I'm not really sure if I want to change this from Kari's point of view to the narrator's, considering this might be the only couple of chapters she's featured in, so I apologize if someone just so happens to come back to this chapter and it's been completely switched around.

Also, I have a very dumb type of question./:

I wanna create a cast for my story, but it's not allowing me on neither my phone nor desktop computer. If anyone knows how to set that up, you would be most appreciated in my book!

ALSO: I'm already thinking about starting another story haha(; just a possibility for the moment, I have a load of ideas but if anyone would like to share, my inbox is always open!

You're feedback brings me life,
fulltime-intr0vert ♡

_____________________________________

→time skip to the concert

Kari

I hope Donald didn't think he was gonna continue to run off to the Palisades and ignore my phone calls. This dude must be crazy. There's no way in hell that I was gonna just let him hit it and quit it. I didn't even get the chance to milk a couple dollars from him! It's allll about the money, and he has to get with it whether he likes it or not.

I pulled my shades over my eyes before entering the gates to this concert. I swear, I was always ten times better at finding Gambino than the paparazzi. Handing the ticket vendor some cash, I retrieved my ticket and walked in. My girl Sasha spotted him in the distance dancing with... WHO?

"Who the HËLL is that dancing with Donny?"

"I can't see girl.. by the looks of it she doesn't look like anyone we know.."

"Get closer, then!"

"Bïtch who are you getting slick at the mouth with??"

"Y'all. Chillllll." My other homegirl, Bianca, started walking forward and we followed her from a small distance behind.

It was pretty obvious he was enjoying his little time spent with her, but this was my time to shine now.

"Donny!! Donny babe, I need you!"

Donald

I turned around from hearing my name to seeing..

Kari?

Ashley looked up at me and then followed the direction I was looking in. "Is that Kari Faux?? Wow, I didn't know you knew her!!"

If only Ashley knew that I knew way more about her than I wanted to...

Me and Kari kinda hit it off once. She thought that after I was featured in her song, "No Small Talk", she was gonna have her way with me.

And I let her, like six times. But after that, I told myself that I only wanted her for her body and that really wasn't the right way to go. That's when she started getting annoying and asking for money. 'Can I have two hundred' here and 'Can I have five hundred' there like bïtch we're in the same boat with the same kind of money. Go ask another one of your höes.

"Baby!!" She threw herself at me, "baby I gotta tell you some news."

I pushed her off awkwardly and waited.

"I'm pregnant."

"Wait wait wait wait." Ashley stepped between the two of us. "Baby? Pregnancy? What the hell is going on Don?"

My heart was thundering, because although I knew and Kari knew that there wasn't a baby Gambino nugget sitting inside her stomach, all it took was the wrong set of words from me and Ashley would probably push me off a cliff. I had a knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I breathed. "Kari, that baby can't be mine."

"Donny," Kari stepped back and pretended to be hurt, "baby you can't possibly mean to tell me that you don't remember-"

"Yeah. I remember I had sex with you." I gave an inward groan and averted my eyes from Ashley before continuing. "Six times, exactly. But each time I was protected and I made sure that you took Plan B. I watched you every time."

"Well that sounds unfortunate. I went to the doctor about a week and a half ago and he told me that I'm pregnant. Now I haven't had sex with anyone but you in the past six months baby and.. I was thinking maybe you'd wanna come home and.. we could start over. "

Was this chick even sober?

"Kari, even if you are pregnant there's no way in hell that it's mine." But insecurities started to rise in my gut.

What if it was mine?

Ashley watched the two of us intently. Then she spoke, calmly if I might add. "Why don't we just leave here and file for a DNA test? It would take time, but wouldn't that work?"

Kari looked uncertain. "Bïtch, who are you again?"

"I'm not a bïtch. My name is Ashley, and I'm trying to figure out why you're harassing my man." That last part sent happy chills up my spine, but I decided to keep quiet.

"Do you know who I am?? I'm-"

"Obviously a scheming äss höe that's trying to cheat Donald out of some money with a baby that isn't his. Now if you have nothing to hide then let's go get the dämn test."

"Bïtch don't test me!! I'll whoop yo äss in front of whoever!!"

"Try it." Ashley gritted her teeth and I swallowed. Of course I wasn't gonna let Kari pulverize Ashley.. but...

I still lowkey wanted to see where this was gonna go.

Kari swung at Ashley, and within the next second, Ashley was on top of her.

"Bïtch get off me!! Let go of my hair!!"

Ashley was then dragging Kari across the concrete and punching her, causing bruising and bleeding to form. Sasha and Bianca began to run towards them but after Troian and Jasmine stepped up too, they stopped where they were.

"It's a fair fight." Troian crossed her arms.

"She deserved it too, coming at Ashley like that." Even Jasmine looked intimidating, and it was obvious that Sasha and Bianca thought the same.

After a couple more seconds of watching Kari attempt to get off the ground, Troy and Jazz finally pried Ashley off of Kari. Ashley had a small cut on her chin, but Kari's nose was bleeding and a lot worse.

"C'mon." Ashley glared at me and I felt my heart stop. "We're doing this tonight."

She dusted herself off before yanking Kari off the ground and dragging her towards the gate's exit. Chance and Jaden looked at me, speechless and utterly silent.

"Nigga what? Whatchu want us to do? Become doctors or some'n?"

I rolled my eyes at Chance and kept walking, leaving the two of them behind as Bianca and Sasha girls kept their distance from Ashley and Kari.

I was really in for it.