Ch.8: Apollo Helps Me Kill Hyenas

"Spain?" Jack asks.

"Yeah we're like right next to it. We could stop for supplies." I reply, "I know this is gonna sound weird but I could feel how close we are. We'll be there in approximately forty five minutes at this speed."

"Actually, that's normal for a child of Poseidon being at sea. And as you can sea we are at sea." Jack elbows me, making Theo face palm.

"That's... besides the point... You guys need to hear something. It's not good." I look at the girl with a stern expression, "Do we trust her?"

"Yeah... You should hear her story, Minnie. It's quite interesting... By the way, you've been passed out for four days." Theo mentions.

"Four days?!"

"Yeah! Theo wouldn't leave your side at all! He even slept sitting next to you!" Jack says, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up!" Theo grumbles.

"Thanks..." I smile, biting my lip slightly so I don't smile too wide.

He looks up at me blankly, then he smiles back and nods. I walk over to the table and sit down, the others follow suit.

"Hermes is in trouble." I start, looking at them seriously.

"No crap." Jack sarcastically says.

I roll my eyes.

"No I mean he's in more trouble than we thought... Have you explained everything to her?" I say.

"Why do you think we're on our way to France?" she asks, glaring at me.

"What's your name ex-huntress?"

She snarls, making me smirk. I knew that'd get her pissed off.

"Dianthe... Dianthe Goodman at your service."

"So why do you hate me?" I get right to the point.

"I don't. I've learned to have trust issues with girls." She sits up straighter.

"But you were a huntress, as in a girl who took an oath to become immortal and never like boys since Artemis is a maiden goddess." I raise an eyebrow.

"You don't know what I've been through for the past century." Dianthe scoffs, looking the other direction.

"I believe you..."

She stares at me then looks down and sighs.

"I'm trying to start over. Two years ago I broke my oath, okay? He died a month ago during the Titan War. I've been on my own since..." she balls her fists.

My hand reaches for hers and her expression softens. I smile lightly. It takes her a few seconds, but she smiles back.

"You've got us now. I've known these boys less than two days, minus the days I've been passed out, and they're my best friends. My only other close friend is a satyr. I'm grateful for these boys..."

"Thanks..." Her eyes begin to water.

I nod and look at Theo to see him smiling big. Jack gives me a thumbs up. My face turns serious after that. I tell them the dream with Hermes. Dianthe's eyes widen when I mention his condition.

"How is that even possible for a god to be hurt so bad?" Theo mumbles.

"I don't know, but I'm determined to save him. He's been protecting me since I was born! The least I can do is successfully save him." I state.

I shiver as I instinctively know where are. I stand up and look behind me. We're deep in Spaniard waters. I move a wave to get us to a dock then stumble forward. Theo catches me and I silently thank him. He sits me down and feeds me a bit of a cake looking thing. I smile and close my eyes in delight. It tastes just like mom's famous caramel cake.