Ch. 4: I Get to Go on A Quest Already?

My dream starts with me standing at the end of a cliff on a mountain I've never seen before. Slowly, I start backing up so I'm not at the edge. A groaning sound captures my attention and I turn to see a man. He is in chains and struggling to escape even though he is pretty buff. He is also quite handsome, godly even. Wait...

"You'll never find her!" the man in chains glares at someone unknown.

A whip slashes at him and I squeak when I see golden ichor run down his cheek. A girly giggling comes from my left and I turn to see two monsters- both are sphinx. Sphinx have a human being's face, the body of a lion, and (in super special occasions) sometimes the wings of a bird. They're pretty er... unique... Next to them is a woman. She's wearing a Greek style dress which is unfortunately very pretty on her because her evil smirk ruins everything.

"No need to, my dear Hermes." She strokes his cheek in the spot she injured him, "See I cursed her because Zeus favors her. I gave her more aura so she's even more delicious to my fellow monster... er... friends..." the woman says, smirking.

"She'll find me! She'll free me, I know it! I know it! I've been taking care of her and keeping every single one of those monster away since she was born because of you!" he glares at her.

"Oh just shut up!" she hisses, walking away from the slow dying god of travelers, "Daughter of the sea god, we're coming for you. Watch your back." She mumbles then whips him one last time before completely walking away with a smirk.

I scream myself awake. My face is covered in sweat, my whole body shakes in fear, and I hyperventilate all from the nightmare that just occurred. Looking over to my right, I almost scream again from the unexpected shadow sitting beside me. After a second, I realize it is just Percy is holding my hand. His eyes are wide with horror and concern. I close my eyes to try to calm myself. Once I am better, I open them to see his green eyes showing less fear.

"Are you alright, Ambrosia?!" he asks.

I stare into his eyes for a few seconds until I can't take it anymore. Without thinking, I throw myself into his arms and cry like I've never cried before, and that's saying something. He hugs me back, rubbing my back and cooing me.

"Bad dream?" he asks with a soft tone.

I nod, sniffling as I calm down a bit knowing he understands.

"Tell me. I'm an expert with bad dreams." He smiles.

And I do. I tell him every single detail from the nightmare. He is quiet for a few minutes, until he looks at me again.

"So you're basically the most powerful demigod in the world right now?" he smirks.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that, water boy?" I smirk then sniffle.

"Yeah. My new sister is better than me and she's been here for less than a day!" he exclaims.

I laugh, forgetting all about the dream for a second. He smiles.

"Yay! I made you smile! I win the challenge!" he cheers.

I frown again and sigh. He frowns.

"Dang it..."

"Percy...?"

"Yeah?"

"Who was that woman? Did she really make me more trackable? Cursed? And what about Hermes? I need to save him!"

He purses his lips, thinking.

"Wake up time is in an hour or so. We can ask Chiron for a quest as soon as we have to get up." He starts to stand up to go back to his own bed, but I grab his hand.