Ch. 6: Jack's Hot Dad Thinks I'm Pretty

As soon as I see she is gone, I scream. My fist pounds on the table, earning weird stares from the other people dining there but I ignore them. Without another thought, I stomp into the arcade to look for Jack first. He is playing an archery game, winning every time. I throw the bow down and he was about to yell at me when he sees me glaring.

"What happened to you?!" he asks with wide eyes.

"We need to find Theo and leave. Now!" I growl at him.

He runs around the arcade to find him then stops at the Dance Dance Revolution game. Theo is playing against a girl... He is beating her ass! I almost laugh but then I remember Aphrodite.

"Newton." I scream over the music.

He turns his head to me and smiles. He doesn't notice my anger yet.

"Hey, Minnie! Come play me!" he shouts, not stopping the game.

He leaves me no other choice. I pull him by the collar and bring him only inches away from our noses touching.

"I'm not in the mood right now, Newton. Don't think I'm for fun, alright?!" I tell him loud enough for only him to hear.

"Uh... Y-yes ma'am!" he stands up straight, stepping off the machine without hesitation.

We rush to the car. This time, I get in the driver's seat and slam the door shut. As soon as the boys are in the car, I speed out of that parking lot mighty quick. The boys stay quiet for several miles and, to be honest, I love them for that. Unfortunately, all I have on my mind is the "curse" she put on me. I can see Jack trying to attempt to comfort me, but he doesn't know where to start. Finally, he takes the risk.

"Delia... What did she do to you?" Jack asks sweetly.

"I don't want to talk about it." I quickly say, gripping the wheel tighter.

"Ambrosia, pull over."

"No."

"Pull over."

"No!"

"AMBROSIA!"

I swerve the car onto the shoulder then put the brakes on. All I can do is glare at Jack before I get out the car, slamming the door behind me. Jack calls my name, but I just keep walking. Someone runs towards me and my eyes start watering. The person pulls me around by the hand and I stare into a pair of black eyes... Theo...

"Ambrosia... Tell me what happened, please, before you start a hurricane?" Theo stares into my eyes.

Raising an eyebrow, I realize that he is soaking, but I'm not. My head shifts to the sky, and I see a rain cloud hovering only over us. I look down at my feet, but Theo lifts up my chin gently.

"Please?" he whispers.

He doesn't need to say anything else for me to give in. Sighing, I tell him everything except the part where he's the love of my life. That would've been embarrassing. He bites his lip, then looks at me.

"She cursed you?" he asks.

"Pretty much." I mumble.

"That's it. I'm going to Olympus and I'm going to kill her." He turns away, but I grab his shoulders.

"You are not. This is my fault. I made her mad... This is my fight." I frown.

He looks at me for a while then sighs and nods in defeat. I grab his hand and he stares into my eyes.

"Thanks..." I whisper.

He smiles then cups my left cheek.

Ambrosia, dracaenas are coming. Hurry back to Jack, a women voice rings through my head.