Chapter 7 - War Pending

Liv tried to say something as I teleported from her house in Salem to the Smiths home in Penn Gate. Finding myself in Riley's room I remembered that he was in Penn Peaks with his family trying to feed Faith up so she would be safe around humans again.

Dialling his number he answered straight away.

"Riley, I n-need you r-right n-now."

"What's happened? Where are you?" he asked.

"I'm at your house. Please, can you come?" I asked dropping onto his bed.

"I'm on my way."

Barely two minutes had passed when I heard Riley bounding up the stairs.

"Billie?" he called.

"I'm in here."

"What's wrong?"

"I just went to see Liv Rockwell to make sure she knew that it wasn't safe there anymore. She told me about something that she saw in a vision."

"What did she see?"

"It was about Christian."

"And Matilda?"

"He's not really after her, Riley. He's just playing games with her."

"What are you talking about? Hey, don't cry, Billie." He said wiping the stinging tears from my eyes.

"He's coming for me, Riley. Matilda was just a distraction. He's going to kill me. She saw it."

"You shouldn't take what she says to heart, Billie. Psychics, like her, are known to be wrong about a lot of things they see. She was wrong about you when you came into your powers, remember?"

"She sounded pretty sure about it and she said something about having to make a choice."

"Wait, didn't Josephine's spirit kids say something about that, too?" Riley asked.

"Yeah, but I don't know what they mean. Riley, I don't want to die!"

"You're not going to. He's nothing, Billie, nothing that you can't handle. You are so much more powerful than he is, you can take him."

"If you say so."

"Come on." he said a little mad. "You've got to believe in yourself. You've got to see what I see."

"I'm just so scared, Riley." I said tiredly. "Besides, it's my fault all this is happening."

"Why would you say such a thing?"

"I tried to save him after the whole Hugo Moon ordeal. You all offered to take care of him but I was so sure that he could survive that mess."

"He chose to be this way, Bill. You gave him a chance to move past that but where he is now is down to him and him alone. Anyway, he isn't doing this because of Hugo Moon. It's because he lost his sisters."

"I still don't get it. They turned on him; they plotted to sacrifice him in exchange for the first vampire. How can he still be pissed at me for destroying them?"

"They're his family." He sighed. "Look, when you found out you were a Witch you felt betrayed by your family, remember?"

"How can I forget?"

"You didn't turn on your family when you found out though."

"Oh, that's not true. Didn't I rage at them and storm out before I came to you? Then didn't I go to the graveyard, after what Leonard said, and scream at my dead parents' grave?"