Chapter 6 - Home At Last

Dulcie and Faith came with the good Doctor and me to retrieve my long lost cousin. The room was empty except for the bed, monitors and drips surrounded the kid lying there.

"Well, is it him?" Faith asked.

Strolling to the kid lying there, I took in his appearance. His hair was long, there were also signs of facial hair as well. His eyes stayed shut as I cleared the hair from his face to get a better look. Pulling up one eye lid I saw the familiar hazel of Vincent's eyes and took in the freckles that still decorated his bone white cheeks.

"That's him all right." I said as tears came to my eyes. "I found you. You're coming home." I told him although I wasn't sure he could hear me.

"Oh, Billie." Dulcie said behind me. "Don't cry. You're breaking my..." all of a sudden the smile disappeared from her beautiful face and her head snapped towards the window.

"Dulcie, what is it?"

"Someone's coming." She answered looking terrified.

I leaped towards the closed window and peered down into the garden as a hard rap played against the front door.

"Is it them?" Faith asked.

"Yeah, Preachers are here."

As if he could hear me the one I was certain was Quinn De Witt turned his gaze in my direction.

"There's someone upstairs." He called to his partners.

"What do we do?" Dulcie asked panicked as the front door made an awful crashing noise.

"You two unhook all this stuff tied up to Vincent and get him ready for teleportation. Faith, if there is ever a time I need team work, it's now."

"I got your back." She promised already at the bedroom door.

There were shouts from the floor below and Dulcie gave a panicked shriek before pushing Dr Moore to help her with Vincent. Faith and I stood side by side as we saw Quinn and one of his colleagues come up towards us. Faith was as fast as a cat and tore towards him knocking him out against a wall.

"Zach!" Quinn called to the unconscious man.

"Get out of here. You are not taking any more family from me." I warned Quinn.

"What did you do to him?" Quinn shouted at Faith.

"He'll live. You'd better listen to her if you want to stay breathing." She threatened.

"I'm not leaving here without him." He said attempting to sound menacing but instead just pathetic.

"Who are you trying to kid? We have the power here. We will win and you will lose."

"None of the other witches won though did they?" he asked.

"They weren't prepared for attacks. But I am." He pulled a knife from within his jacket and pointed it threateningly at me. Sighing, I waved a hand and sent the knife flying through an open doorway. "Here's some food for fought. You can leave unharmed with us and work for a better cause or, if you choose to still side with your friends then, things are going to get messy."

More of Quinn's men came upstairs to come to his aid as one of them handed him a gun.

"What the hell are you waiting for? Shoot them!" the small pock marked man cried as Quinn stood there disgustedly looking at the gun in hand.

I heard footsteps behind me before Dulcie breathed in my ear, "He's ready."

"Right, let me take care of them and we'll go."