fifteen lying

"Oh. Hi Simon." I follow him into a spare room. "Is everything alright?"
"I'm not sure. Mrs. Dallas informed me that you showed interest in contacting your family."

"My sister, yes. She said no. The situation is over. No need to worry." I look at the wooden floor, so shiny, it almost reflects my face.

"Excellent. Just so you know," He tilts my chin up so I'm staring straight into his stony eyes. "We will be monitoring all of the activity on your phone. So I would advise you not to try anything sneaky." He winks at me, sending a shiver down my spine.

The door swings open behind me and Cameron stands there, eyebrows drawn together. "What's going on?" His voice is slightly heated with anger. "I kind of need you right now, Addy." He motions for me to follow him.

"Ah. You must be Cameron." Simon sticks his hand out and Cameron cautiously takes it.

"Yeah." He grabs my arm, uninterested in small talk and leads me to the dining room. "What was that about?"

"More lecturing." I sigh.

"There they are." Gina puts on a huge smile as we take our seats at the giant table. "I hope you all had a chance to meet Cameron's friend, Addy."

Hopefully Nash and Matt don't catch on that were supposedly dating.

I give a friendly wave to everyone and sip my ice water, hoping the attention on me goes away.

Even the water tastes expensive.

Everything here is so different than my old life. I quickly scold myself. I haven't accepted this as my new life yet. Dinner drags by and I can't seem to focus on anything.

As soon as the last guest leaves, I excuse myself up to my room. Once the door closes, I lean against it and sigh.
One house party down, who knows how many more to go.

I change into a pair of yoga pants and sit down on my bed. I really want to get out of this house and do something.
I've been locked up in here for three days.

Would if I snuck out? I could take the car keys again.

No. Too risky.

I could try to convince Cameron to take me somewhere. Slim chance.

I lean forward and turn on the tv, mulling over my options.

Beside me, the poem book Cameron gave me catches my eye. I start flipping through the dusty pages, reading a few poems along the way.

"I am yours as the summer air at evening is
Possessed by the scent of linden blossoms,
As the snowcap gleams with light
Lent it by the brimming moon.
Without you I'd be an unleafed tree
Blasted in a bleakness with no Spring.
Your love is the weather of my being.
What is an island without the sea?"

My door slowly opens and Cameron appears in my doorway. "Whatcha doin?" He strolls over to me, his tie loosened around his neck and his button up shirt unbuttoned, showing off a fraction of his perfect body.

God, he look hot.

"You're actually reading that bullshit?"

I oddly get offended. "It's poetry."

His blank stare remains.

"And it's not bullshit."

"Whatever you say." He plucks it from my hands. "Let's make out now. Maybe even finish what we started lasts night."

As tempting as his offer sounds, I shrug him off and stand up. I start brushing my teeth in the bathroom. "Can we go somewhere? You left me here all by myself for three days."

He helps himself into the bathroom and meets my eyes through the mirror. "You weren't completely alone. You had Matt." His face turns sour and I roll my eyes.

"I guess you're right." I sarcastically smile. "I'm tired. Talk to you tomorrow." I bustle him out of my room and jump back on my bed.

"Ow." Something hard jams into my thigh.

Cameron's phone.

This is too good. There's a lock on it. I attempt one, two, three, four, hoping to God that he didn't change it.

It successfully unlocks and I giggle a little.

What to do now?

There's probably not much time before he comes back to get it.

My fingers begin scrolling through
his contacts.

Carter, Chris... I scroll farther down.

Jack Gilinsky. Jack Johnson. J.C... I scroll down again.

Matt, Mom, Nash.

Wait a minute.

Matt.

He would take me out of this house.
I hastily jot down his number and close the app.

"Hey, did I leave my phone in here?" Cameron barges in and I nearly have a heart attack.

"Um... Is this it?" I hold it up between my fingers.

"Are you snooping around?" He eyeballs me.

"No." I let out a nervous laugh as he leaves my room.

Man, I need to work on lying.

❁❁❁

A/N: okee.
yall don't need to comment "update pls"
doesn't make me go faster. just comment genuine thoughts throughout the chapter. orrrrr
GIVE ME IDEAS FOR A NEW BOOK
cool cool.
peace love & blessings
-h.m.