nine power

My mouth subconsciously repeats the lyrics to the songs we listened to on the way over here.

In the distance, I see a group of people. Their faces light up with recognition.

"Hey Cam. What's up bro?" A tall one with shaggy brown hair and stunningly blue eyes greets him.

"Hey Nash."

They all greet each other then stare at me.

"Who's this?" One with a sleeve of tattoos and dirty blonde hair says, staring at me.

"Hi. I'm Addy." I shake everyone's hands and find out the following; the one with tattoos is Kian.

The really tall one with dark hair and dark eyes is Jack.

The one with light brown hair and freckles is Matt, and Nash is the one with bright blue eyes.

As for the three girls, I don't really care.

"Where'd you find her?" Jack elbows Cameron.

"Our parents are friends." He repeats my lie. "She's just staying with us for a while."

We shop for a while and end up with several bags.

"What are you doing after this?"
Veronica hangs on Cameron's shoulder.
"Not sure." He turns to me. "What are we doing, Addy?"

She releases her grip and shoots me a look.

"What?" I realize he's using me to escape her. "Oh. I don't know."

"Remember." He walks up super close to me and puts his lips against my ear. "You still owe me for bringing you." He gives my ass a squeeze before running ahead of me to catch up to the guys.

My face furiously blushes and I start sweating.

Veronica growls a little bit, behind me.

"Oh my god." The girl with the short brown hair loops her arm through mine. I didn't pay attention to her name. "Are you guys hooking up?"

"No." I say, a little too quickly. "No, we're not."

"Then what was that?" Veronica crosses her arms.

"I don't know." I knock the girls arm off of me. "I'm just as surprised as you are."

"Bull shit."

"What's bull shit?" Matt hangs back and begins walking with us.

"Nothing." The girl with dark skin and big eyes answers, giggling.

"You're Addy... right?" He points at me.

"Yes Matt. Congratulations on remembering my name even though I just told you."

"Woah." He throws his arms up in defense. "No need to be a bitch."

"Excuse me?" My eyes widen.

"Don't get salty." He shoves his hands in his pockets. "Anyways. Do you have a phone number?"

"No. I actually don't."

"Come on. I see your phone in your pocket."

"I got to go." I run up to the other guys.

"Are we stopping somewhere to eat?" I slow my pace once I catch up with Kian, Nash, Cameron and Jack, deciding I'm not a huge fan of Matt.

"I'm down." Nash lays his arm across my shoulders and I catch a whiff of his delicious cologne.

"I would rather just go home."

Cameron glances over to me. "I'm sure I could find something better to eat there." He winks at me.