"I'm Valentina, but you can call me Tina." I tell her, feeling very exposed with the amount of eyes on me.

"You have a lovely name Tina, my name is Mrs. Harris, I'm one of the Adoption Practitioners at the agency." She smiles again. I return it and look to the little baby in her arms, he looks to be about a year old. Mrs. Harris notices my stare and smiles again, "This is Thomas James." She looks down at the little boy.

Thomas hides his face in her shoulder, but looks at me shyly every few seconds. I smile at him, he smiles back, but then blushes and hides again.

"Nice to meet you Thomas." I say softly, holding my hand out to him, seeing what he'll do. He looks to my hand then back at me, I'm still smiling, thinking that he is the most beautiful little boy I've seen. "I'm Valentina." He shakes his head and holds both his hands out to me, wanting me to hold him.

I look to Mrs. Harris for permission first, but she's already looking to him surprised, and shocked. I tilt my head to the side curiously. A little cry of distress tore me away from the A.P. I look to Thomas and see that he's crying looking hurt. I take him in my arms right away, soothing him, and cooing in his ear.

He calms down and holds onto me for dear life. I look to the A.P and then to Ms. Clementine, our Principal. They look taken aback, and awed. I raise a brow at them. They see my expression and smile still looking dazed.

"What?" I finally ask, a little annoyed with the staring, then I look the other students, some look bored, some look stunned, and my friends have the same knowing smile on their faces.

"He hasn't liked anyone that has come into contact with him, ever since he became one of the children at the agency, when he was about three months old. Only a select few he allows to hold him. And him taking an instant liking to you has me astonished with the action of him wanting to be held by you." Mrs. Harris explains.

My mouth falls into an 'O' looking down at Thomas, he smiles and snuggles into my embrace. I feel my gaze soften as I smile back down at him, I don't want to let him go now. Those little dimples he has, the bright blue sapphire eyes, the little mop of raven black hair. He has me hooked, wrapped around his little finger.

I don't know how long I was standing there just gazing at Thomas, playing with his little hands, making him giggle and smile at me. But my little bubble of happiness burst when he was taken from my arms and began crying.

"Hey! What are you doing?" I cried out looking at Mrs. Harris frantically.

She looks sad, "I'm sorry but we need to leave now." She tells me looking remorseful.

"Mommy!" A cry, that had me near tears, I look to Thomas and he has his little arms stretched out to me. I cover my mouth, and jump when arms wrap around my waist, holding me back.

I look up at Sam and see that Katherine (Kathy), and Scarlett (Scar) are behind him looking sad also.

"Mommy!" Another cry from Thomas, I turn around, tears rolling down my cheeks, I walk over to him, and take him in my arms once more. "Mo-mommy!" He hiccups.

It breaks my heart to see him cry, "I'm sorry baby, but you need to go with the lady for now. OK?" I hug him close. I look to Mrs. Harris, "Would I be able to adopt him?" I ask, wiping my tears away.

She looks taken aback, "If you really want that, there will have to be about a year worth of things we must do before he can be legally your child." She tells me. "You would have to attend classes-"

"I heard what you told us earlier, and I can wait that long, if I just leave him...it'll break his heart, and mine." I look at Thomas, he fell asleep with his arms around my neck, his breath fanning my neck. "I want to adopt him." I say confidently.

"Tina, this is a big step...are you sure you're ready to be a mother?" Scar comes up beside me, looking torn. She wants to be happy for me, but she doesn't want me to be a mother at this age. I get how everyone feels, but damn it! This is my life! I can do whatever the hell I want!

"Yes!" I hiss at her, glaring, tightening my hold on Thomas. "Besides, I don't have to tell anybody, I live on my own, and I can wait until I finally have him as my son to annouce it to my parents." I tell her, looking at the now empty gym. Looking to my friends, and Mrs. Harris, then Ms. Clementine. "I want this, and nobody is going to change my mind on the matter." I tell them fiercely.

"OK, come by the agency tomorrow morning and we can begin the process." Mrs. Harris tells me, holding her arms out for Thomas, I reluctantly give him to her, knowing that I may become his Mommy in a year's time...depending on whether or not I can.

Sam wraps an arm around me, comforting me again as I watch them walk out of the gym. "Are you really sure about this baby girl?" He asks softly.

"Hell yes, I don't give a damn what anybody has to say about it. He will be mine." I tell them, still gazing at the door where they walked out. Praying that I can be his mother, and that I can adopt him, take care of him, love him, spoil him, make him the happiest little boy.

All I thought about earlier is down the drain, washing away as I pray that I can be a mother, a young one at that, but a mother none the less.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is the first chapter to my new story, trying something different :) hoping for the a good out come :) I know a short chapter, but I promise for a longer one next chapter :)

Picture of Baby Thomas to the side xD

Vote, Comment

Raelyn <3