Chapter 11 - Love hurts (Serena)

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I guessed it must have been early because I could hear my mom downstairs, presumably cooking breakfast. I got up and stretched, before opening the curtains. It was a bit too cold today and the grass was white with frost. I headed downstairs and walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning mom" I said, sitting at the table with my phone in my hand. I sat there for a moment in thought. What should I do today? No homework was due in so I had a clear schedule

"Good morning dear, have some bacon and eggs" My mom smiled and dished out the breakfast.

"Thanks mom" I smiled and began eating my breakfast. My mom was a great cook.

"Well I need to get to work so stay safe" She picked up her car keys and left the house to go to work.

I shrugged, not even having a second to say goodbye. Then my phone vibrated and a message popped up on my screen.

'Hey Serena, I am meeting Calem at the park today, want to come along? x' Ash was so sweet. I had nothing to do so I replied quickly.

'Sure thing, be there in 5 xx' I smiled and put my phone down.

I finished my breakfast and got changed. Then headed outside and went to the park. It was only two minutes away.

(Vaniville park - Ash)

Jacks fist hammered down onto my face again. I felt dizzy and weak. Did Calem set me up? Where was he anyway? Jack dropped me against the wall and I slumped down in a sitting position.

"That'll teach you to not mess with us, Ash Ketchum" Jack spat on the floor and walked off.

I weakly blinked, my face an absolute mess. Before I knew it the whole world tipped upside down and everything went black.

I woke up, to what felt like a days sleep. My eyes opened slowly and my vission blurred for a second. The side of my face stung and my eyes felt like they had been ripped out. Once my vision recovered, I could see my mom and the whole group in the hostpital. I slowly sat up and forced out the cough building in my chest. Everyone was happy to see me awake and began talking over each other. My head felt like a ton of bricks had been dropped on it.

"Oh Ash thank goodness you're ok" A tear crept from my moms eye and I smiled, tightening the grip of the hand she held.

"I have never felt better" I laughed weakly. I slowly sat up and regained focus.

"Do you remember what happened, Ash?" Cilan asked, stepping beside my bed.

I focused on my thoughts to the morning, and remembered tw- no three people stood around in the alleyway.

"I just remember seeing 3 people, that is all" My head was messed up from whatever happened to me.

"I saw Ash in an alleyway, I told him to meet me there but I was running late" Calem scratched his chin and stepped up aswell. Serena must have been outside because I didn't see her.

"W-wheres Serena?" I asked sitting up even further, which caused great pain in my back but I ignored it and leaned against the headrest.

"She is outside right now, they only let three in at a time, we have been here all day, Ash" My mom still looked upset so I squeezed her hand again.

"Mom it's alright I am fine now. There is no need to worry" She looked me in the eyes and wiped her tears, then nodded. She knew I was right. I remembered that Calem said he was meeting me and realised that I remember questioning if he set me up. I looked through my black eyes and straight at Calem. He had no emotion on his face, it was as blank as ever.

"Okay, visiting hours are over" A woman in a uniform said. My mom got up and said goodbye, then they all left the hostpital.

Once I got time to recollect my thoughts, something struck me. My attacker knew my name.

(Serena)

I left the hospital in a flood of tears and couldn't stop. Why would someone hurt Ash?

Two hands firmly gripped my shoulders and I turned around. It was Calem.

"Everything will be ok" He smiled and I buried my head into his chest and cried. He stroked my hair and let me get my emotions out.

"Come on Serena, I will take you home" Dellia said, and I nodded in silence. I wiped the tears from my eyes and entered the car, before driving home. I got several messages that night, telling me everything would be ok and one from Ash at midnight.

'Everything is ok Serena, I will be out tomorrow, see you in school. Don't forget that I love you x'

I fell asleep in my bed, an emotional mess in dire need of support and wept until the morning sun came up I spent the whole of sunday in bed, my phone constantly vibrating message after message. Because I wouldn't move, my mom stayed home to make sure I was okay. She poked her head into the room sometime in the evening.

"You okay, darling?" She said, sitting beside me. I rested my head on her knee and she stroked my hair softly.

"Mom... did I ever tell you Ash and I were dating? I looked up and sniffed, I was in such a bad state.

"No you didn't, why is something wrong between you and Ash?" She spoke in a soft, gentle and caring voice. I shook my head slightly.

"It's Ash, some people jumped him, he is being released from hostpital soon" I felt like crying a river again, but I held it in. In my emotional mess I could say it was my fault. I said five minutes and in that time he was sent to the hospital. Also Calem was late. What am I thinking? It wasn't anyones fault but the people who did it.

My mom looked a little sad. "Oh Serena..." she paused and got up. I was her priority and I hadn't eaten all day.

"You want something to eat, Serena?" She turned back at the door frame and I nodded to her. I looked up to the ceiling and stared for what seemed like an eternity. Ash will actually be in school tomorrow, I hope he is okay. I longed to be with Ash, so I slept the rest of the day off and missed my dinner. Tomorrow will be the start of our revenge. Whoever did this was going to pay, one way or another.