Chapter 26 - Seeing the sights (Serena)

The wind blew slightly, masking the suns heat. Naomi, Mark, Calem and I continued walking down the street.

"Mark, why don't we show them the London Eye?" Naomi suggested. He nodded and so we had no choice but to follow. The London Eye was a big ferris wheel from first sight. We got on and it set off on its course.

As we reached near the top, every skyscraper and street became visible. It was like looking down on parts of London and seeing so many beautiful things. A breathtaking moment. I instantly began to take pictures. Something to show Ash when I go home.

"Wow that was awesome!" Calem said as he got off.

"I agree, a sight to remember" I added, as we set off to another destination.

After a long walked we stopped on a main square.

"Ta-da!" Naomi threw her hands up "this, is Big Ben, a very popular attraction"

I shrugged, it was a clock and didn't look appealing.

Calem wanted a picture infront of it, so we decided to do that and then headed off again.

We came across a strange looking street. It had a gate at the front and there was police on constant guard.

"That's Downing street, home of the Prime Minister" Mark explained

"This has nothing on the White House" Calem chuckled. I had to agree with him, the White house was massive and it was a dream for any politician to live there.

"I wish I could go and visit places in America" Naomi sighed. It looked to me like she had never been before. I decided not to say anything as we headed to our next sight.

We stopped by a roundabout and looked at a huge palace. It was the mos beautiful thing in the world, so I took as many photos as possible.

"The queens home, Buckingham Palace beats the White House" This time Mark could chuckle. A debatable topic.

"Monarchy was so last century" Calem threw Marks comment away and they decided to show us a place called Nando's.

It was a restaurant that based its meals around chicken. Chicken this and chicken that. There was a lot of choices.

After dinner, we headed back home. I wanted some alone time to talk to Ash anyway, so I was happy the day was over a little early. Although it would be 11pm for Ash, who returned home 2 days ago.

"Remember Serena we have a party tomorrow" Naomi said. I nodded, I did remember. My first and possibly only party in England. I didn't know if I should be excited or not expect much.

I called Ash on my phone and it took him seconds to answer.

"Hello? Serena?" I heard Ash through the phone. The first time in almost 2 weeks that I had heard his voice.

"Hey, Ash. I was just calling to see if you're ok. Plus, I kind of miss your voice" I twirled a piece of hair round and round through my hand as I spoke.

"I am fine, Serena. What about you, used to being in England yet?" He asked.

"It's been great fun so far, I have met so many people. English people and places are so much different. Even the food"

"To think we speak the same language as well" Ash chuckled.

We continued to speak on the phone for five minutes.

"Well I am going to sleep. Anything planned for tomorrow, Serena?"

"Erm, yeah. I am going to a party with everyone else" I seemed a little nervous. Ash became silent for and few seconds.

"Stay safe Serena" He said, before finally adding "Oh and Serena?"

"What?" I said in a puzzled voice.

"I missed your voice too" He said, before hanging up. A tear fell from my eye. I missed him so much and everyday got me closer to home.