Chapter 6 - Partner problems (Ash)

Diary Entry 3
Man I haven't entered anything in my diary for a month now. It is currently the 10th of October, a sunday. Let me recap what has happened recently. Homework, homework, homework and homework.
On a serious note, I haven't seen those senior bullies at all and my teeth are back to normal, thank god. I lookes like an idiot with a gap in my teeth. I am excited for halloween, after all it is my first time in Vaniville, so I wonder if the others are doing anything for it. Speaking of the others Dawn asked me out last week, I politely declined since it is too early for any dates. I don't see Dawn as my type anyway. None of them are my type... there is only one that I, in truth like. Serena is a girl I can't keep my eyes off of, but I am good at hiding my feelings and it's difficult to get through my secrets. Serena told me Dawn does this to everyone she meets so I thought nothing of the whole situation. I went round to Serena's last week and met her mom Grace. She is very nice and allowed us all to go into her house to hang out.
-

I lost my train of thought and stopped writing after hearing a knock on the door. I stretched up onto my feet, my body aching having just woken up. I rushed into my clothes and opened the door. The house was empty because my mom had gone to work while I was in bed. I swung the door open to be greeted by Serena and Calem.

"Hey Ash, we was all meeting at the park today and, well, since no one has your phone number still we came to get you" Serena smiled and I was dazed by her looks for a moment.

Calem was waiting at the gate, looking at me "Come on Ash, lets go" He turned on his heels and began walking down the street.

I nodded to serena and closed my door, before locking it and catching up. I followed behind Serena, who was walking beside Calem. I always wondered if anything would become of them to, they seem close all the time and he always walks her to the bus stop. He was the one that retaliated to the bullies remarks, so he must care for Serena.

We arrived at the park and everyone was there, on the swings talking or playing basketball in the court that was fenced off. After saying hi to everyone, Calem took me to the court to play. Basketball was a sport that I didn't enjoy too much but it was something I would play.

"Hey Ash, you can be on my team with Kenny" I turned to Drew and nodded, before taking off my jacket. Did I mention I went to the gym last weekend? The results of a few hours workout had paid off. After all, I want to get tougher incase those bullies return.

"Okay so Calem is with me and Cilan" Said Gary, who was holding the ball. Clemont stood on the side to keep scores.

After about 30 minutes of non stop basketball we sat against the fence and took sips of our drinks. The score so far was a ridiculous 100-89, with Gary's team in the lead.

"2nd half in 5 minutes, anyone?" Asked Gary, who already looked ready to go again. Everyone nodded in agreement and sat down in the corner.

Cilan, who was the least sporty out of the 6 of us playing, took his drink and downed it in seconds "I needed that, nothing like working up a thirst playing basketball. I am ready for a 2nd half!" Everyone shared jokes for 5 minutes before continuing with the game.

(Other side of the park - Serena)

We was getting bored on the swings and decided to watch the guys finish there game of basketball. We sat on the benches facing the court from the right hand side, and watched while having random conversations. The conversation led to the same old, with Dawn asking the questions.

"Anyone here that you like, Serena?" Dawn asked and it was the first time she singled me out in forever. I shrugged off her question and thought for a moment. Ash was someone that I like, but it was a weird way because after the past month I am still not sure how I feel exactly. I understand Calem likes me but it is the same with him.