Chapter O3.

Chapter O3 ; Why do you even care?

-

Craig 'Prodigy' Crippen Jr....

-Next Day-

In school, Faith and I weren't talking. She's really annoying me with her silent treatment towards me. I don't know why I care so damn much, like damn. I took a glance at her. She had her eyes glued in the text book. She took her pen and dropped down some notes on her notebook. I felt my self smiling...wait, what? Craig Crippen do not smile for no reason..whatsoever. I shook my head and wipe the smile off my face. My eyes were still on her though. Then her head shot up at me. She had a blank expression. I kissed my teeth and looked down at the text book. She acts differently towards me. She all up on Daren, but me? noo she doesn't even pay attention to me. Does she really hate me that much?... But I know damn well that I don't like that son of a bitch named Daren. He thinks that he's mister smooth guy just because he's friends with Faith. So what nigga...I knew her first.

The school bell rings. I closed my text book and notebook. I threw them in my book bag and got up. I walked out the class with my fist balled up. After all that thinking, Im very heated now. I went into the men's bathroom to see Daren,  -,- I didn't say nothing but went about my business until this nigga decided to open his mouth. "Wassup Craig". I rolled my eyes. Who the fuck he think he is to call me by my real name? No one. "Hi". I button up my black Levi's pants and zipped up the zipper. I walked over to the sink and washed my hands. "So how are you?". He asks walking towards a sink and turning on the water. He apply liquid soap on his hands. "Fine and yourself?". I said uninterested with the convo that he was trying to bring up. "I'm great. Are you going to Faith's house, because I am". Faith this Faith that. Shut the fuck up! Why does he keeps going to her house? Fuck is his problem?..damn nigga. You don't got something better to do? "No". I said coldly as I dried my hands. "Why not? It'll be cool for you to hang out with us". Seriously dude. "Nice to know. I have to go to class now". I fake grin and walked out the bathroom, rolling my eyes. He had the nerve to try to talk to me. No thank you. I slid my hands in my pockets. I made my way to class. Science. I walked in. I sat down in my seat. Mrs. Dubose looked at me ,surprised. "Yeah..Yeah I know. I'm in class today. Shocker. Now start the damn lesson..Shit". She rolled her eyes. I heard a few chuckles from the class. I knew that I was a bit late to class. But hey at least I'm here..

Faith Michelle Robinson...

While I was doing my work in ELA class, I felt eyes burning through my back. My head shot up to the direction where I felt the stare. Who was staring at me you ask?...Crippen. Why is he staring me down like that? It's making me feel very uncomfortable. I heard him suck his teeth. He looks down at the text book and continues to do his work. I shrugged and continued. A few moments later, the school bells rang. I shot up from my seat and open my book bag. I neatly placed my books inside. I threw my book bag over my shoulders. Before I could of walk out of the classroom door, Crippen's dumbass speed walked out of there with his fist balled up. I rolled my eyes because if he pushed me down..it ain't gonna be pretty. Just know.

After school, my dad didn't pick me up, instead I walked with Hope and Daren. We crossed the street to the other side. "Hey, y'all want pizza?". Daren offered. Hope looks up at him. Pizza is her favorite food ever besides for Mexican food. "Yess!". She screams. Daren and I laughed. "Let's go". Daren says. We followed him into the pizzeria shop. We walked up to the cashier. "Welcome to Tony's pizzeria. How may I help you?". The female cashier asked dully. "What do y'all want?". Daren asked. "One slice of the bacon topping pizza". Hope orders. "Make that two--" Daren interrupt me. "Three please and three medium coke". She nods. Once we got our orders, Daren pays and we left. We started eating it as we walked to my house. When we got to my house, a Red and Black Veyron Bugatti pulls up in the Crippen's drive way. The driver's door opens and Prodigy comes out. He closed the door and walks up to his porch. He got the door open but as he was about to walk in, his head shots at my direction. He stared me down through his shade for a few seconds. Then he walked in. I was shocked. He's so mysterious. I got my front door open. I walked in and let my friends walk in after. I closed the door behind them then locked it. "Mom?". I yelled. "In the kitchen, sweetie" . I heard my mother yell back. My friends followed me into the kitchen. My mother kissed my forehead. She also greeted Daren and Hope. "Hello sweetie. What's your name?". She asked Hope. "Hi Mrs. Robinson , my name is Hope". My mother giggled. "Beautiful". Hope giggled as well. "Mom we'll be in my room". She nods. "Okay, dinner would be ready in a few hours". She says. I nodded and lead Daren and Hope into my bedroom.

Craig 'Prodigy' Crippen Jr...

After school, I drove to the hospital to check in with Jacob. Today is the day he gets out. Luckily his mother was out of town for a business trip. If she ever finds out that her only child got shot, hell would break loose. I parked my car in the parking lot. I got out and walked into the hospital. The front desk lady shot a smile at me. I gave her a small smile. "Jacob Perez please". I said walking up to the desk. "2nd floor. Room 421". She says. I nodded. "Thanks". I made my way to Jacob's room. I knocked on the door. "Come in". I heard his voice say from the inside. I twist the knob and pushed the door forward. As soon as Jacob's eyes saw me, a big smile crept on his face. "Wassup Man?". Jacob said with excitement. "Sup bro?". We dapped each other. "So you're leaving today, right?". He nods. "Thanks The Lord! The food here is horrible". Jacob frowns. I laughed. "What time you leaving?". I asked. He shrugs. After less than 15 minutes, the nurse comes in. She said that Jacob can finally leave. He cheered. He got changed into his clothes. We left and got in the car. I drove him home.

Once I pulled up to my driveway, I see Faith, Daren and some other girl. I rolled my eyes. I got out and walked up to my porch. I opened the door but before I enter my house, I took a look at Faith. She stares back. I then walk in my house. "I'm home". I said, closing the door behind. I walked into the living room. I saw my brother Jojo and one of his friends named Omar. They were playing video games. I sat down next to JoJo. "Hey prod". He says with his eyes on the screen. "Hey. Lemme play". "Go ahead". I grabbed a PS3 remote and logged into the game.

After an hour later of playing, my mother walks up to me. "Craig sweetie, Mrs. Robinson had called me. She suggest for you to hang out with Faith and her friends. I think that it's a good idea. You can make new friends--" I interrupted her. "No thank you. I have all the friends I need". I said bluntly. My mother sighs. "Come on Craig! Stop being like that dammit!". She said. I stared at her with no expression through my shades. "Please Craig! Make new friends for your mommy". She says as she grabs my cheeks. "Mom!". She chuckles. "Just go. If it doesn't go well or you feel uncomfortable, you can leave". I sighed. "Fine!". I got up. "You owe me". I laughed and left out the house. I walked up to the Robinson's porch. I rung the door bell. A few seconds later the door opens. "Hey Mrs. Robinson". I said with a fake smile. "Hello sweetie". She let me inside. "Follow me". I followed her upstairs to a door. Mrs. Robinson opens the door. "Hey guys, I brought Craig to hang out with y'all". She pushed me inside. Then she closed the door leaving me standing in front of everybody there. "Hi". I said lowly. They all wave slowly. It was definitely awkward. "Uh, have a seat.. Prodigy". Faith said lowly. I nod and sat down on a seat. Nobody said one word to each other. But then Daren started talking. He was saying some foolishness. I didn't pay him any mind. Once he stop talking, I got up. "Where are you going?". Faith asked me. "Bathroom, show me where". I commanded. "You already know where it is". She said. "I forgot, please". I said lowly. She sighs and got up. I followed her. We came to a stop. "Here". She pointed to the door. I looked at her through my shades. I grabbed her arms and pinned her on the wall. "Craig.." She says lowly and softly. "Shhh..listen. Why is he here?". I asked her. "Because he's my friend". I gritted my teeth. "Bullshit!" I yelled. "I see the way he looks at you..and the way you look at him!..bullshit!". I got heated. "Craig.." I pushed my body against hers. "Why do you like him so damn much Faith? Why do you hate me so much?". Her face soften up. "Craig, I don't hate you! You're just an asshole in a way. What If you hurt me?". I let her arms go. I grab her face gently. "I'm not what you think I am, once you get to know me faith!". I sighed. "Why do you like him do damn much?". She scoffs.

"Why do you even care?"....