16

"Malaya!" a voice shouted, my ears ringing. Groaning, I pulled a pillow over my head. The sheet was tugged away, uncovering me to meet freezing air.

I blinked, rapidly to see Hayes hovering over me with a tired face,"Baby girl, answer your phone."

"Oh, sorry." I mumbled groggily. Turning, I grabbed my phone which was making noises.

Pressing it to my ear, I answered, "Hello?"

"Hey, hun." my mom greeted through the phone and I sighed.

"I was sleeping, and you woke up Hayes." I muttered accusingly, pulling the covers over me.

I could hear her frown, "I'm sorry, dear. I just needed to tell you that you guys are staying an extra two weeks. Something's come up for Elizabeth and I."

"So, Hayes and Nash are staying longer too?" I asked, awake.

She sighed, "Yes, I'll explain when you get back. I'll let you get back to sleep. Give Hayes a big kiss on the lips for me."

Biting my lip, I looked over Hayes to see if he heard,"Wow, mom."

"Love you, dear. Sleep well!" she hung up, leaving to stare at the screen of my phone. Hayes pulled me down next to him, my eyes going wide.

"Can I get that kiss now?"

I gasped,"Hayes!"

"Yeah?" he grinned, his eyes closing again. I shook my head, pulling the sheets off me and walking towards the bathroom. After washing my face, brushing my teeth, and tying up my hair, I walked out and tugged out some clothes to wear.

It was chilly for Florida in summer, so I decided on something a little warmer

It was chilly for Florida in summer, so I decided on something a little warmer. Going back into the bathroom, I decided on mascara and nude lipstick to make them look fuller then they were.

"Everyone is gone." Hayes told me as I entered the kitchen. Confused, I switched on my phone to see the time. 9:12

"Oh, well." I shrugged.

I opened the fridge, getting ready to grab the bowl of fruit salad before Hayes brang me to his chest, shutting the fridge. "Hello, Hayesy, I don't know if you could tell, but i'm hungry."

He smiled down at me,"Yeah, that's why we're going to get breakfast. Be real, baby girl. " He left upstairs. Shrugging again, I called Maya.

"Hey, baby." she answered. I sighed,"Where'd y'all go?"

"Never land." she giggled causing me to furrow my eyebrows,"We'll be back around 3 to get ready for the party."

"Wait, wha-" I was cut of by the line disconnecting. Running a hand through my hair, I brang my hand up to rest it under my chin.

"Let's go." he said when he came back, dressed. I stood up, following him out the door.

"You don't like strawberry ice cream though?" Hayes glanced over at his shoulder at me, before unlocking the Jeep. I suddenly blushed.

f l a s h b a c k

"No, not really." I mumbled a response into the phone, shuffling through my drawers for a hair tie.

"C'mon, how do you not like strawberry ice cream?" Hayes asked, sceptical at my reply.

"Um...I'm an alien from Mars? So when are we going to the mall?" I asked, hearing a knock on his door.

e n d

"No," I mumbled,"I'm surprised you remember that."

He shrugged, getting in after me. "Why not? You used to eat it all the time."

Sighing, I turned to look out the window, "Jax snapchatted a picture to me of you and her eating a strawberry ice cream sundae."

"Really?" he looked at me, and I nodded. He frowned down at the steering wheel before starting the engine. "Sorry."

I shrugged, setting my feet up on the dashboard after rolling down the window. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

"The 11th Street Diner." he told me, slowing down at a stop light. "We used to go to it when we toured here for MagCon."

"Have I been to it?" I asked and he nodded, glancing at me.

After a few minutes, he parked and I got out. We walked in and found a booth by the window. I sat across from him, pulling at the hems of my sleeves. "Hello, I'm Melanie, welcome to our diner. We are serving only breakfast until 10:30. Drinks?"

I looked up to meet a girl about our age with blonde hair and hazel eyes. She was gorgeous, and looking at Hayes the whole time. "Orange juice." I mumbled. Hayes frowned at me.

"Sweet Tea." he tried catching my eyes as I looked everywhere but him.

'Okay, I'll be back with your drinks." she turned away, moving towards the front. I sighed, biting my lip. I shouldn't act this jealous when the boy ain't even mine.

"Baby girl?" This pet name is getting at me. In a good way.

I hummed, letting him catch my gaze. "What's wrong?" he asked. I shrugged,"I have a headache." I mean, it wasn't a lie.

"Are you okay?" he flicked his eyes to my lip between my teeth. I nodded and rested my feet on his lap under the table, flicking open the menu. I'm glad we're back to normal again. Our relationship seems better, but different though.

"Here you go." Melanie sat the drinks in front of us. "Have your orders?" she asked, fluttering her eyelashes at Hayes. I facepalmed, not caring if Hayes saw.

After ordering quickly, I brang the glass of orange juice to me, sipping on it. Hayes looked at me and I began fluttering my eyelashes obnoxiously. He laughed and I fakely pouted, "Wait you don't like when I do that?"

He grinned,"At least it's adorable when you do it." Blushing, I looked to the waitress to see if she was coming. After waiting a couple seconds, she came back with our plates.

"Enjoy, lay low on the calories." Melanie eyed me, handing Hayes the check. She purposely skimmed her hand across his, oddly stomach churning. She left causing Hayes to sigh.
"Her hands soft?" I asked, bringing a forkful of powder sugar covered pancakes to my mouth.

He rolled his eyes, "Funny."

I shot him a thin lipped smile, earning a white smile form him.

__

i told y'all that i might update today! i hope you enjoyed a whole chapter with only hayes and malaya, and i'll be updating either tomorrow or tuesday after school! xx

vote|comment|share