Young James Potter Imagine

Young James Potter x Reader - by imaginestreet (on tumblr)

Imagines James Potter admitting that he likes you.

James Potter was acting weird. Like, really weird. They'd been back at Hogwarts for nearly a month now, and not once had he been round to bother Y/N's best friend, Lily Evans who he claimed to have been in love with since he laid eyes on her. Now, for the students of Hogwarts, this was one of the weirdest things to happen as they had become used to the constant shouting from Lily and begging from James.
But nope, not once. Not one single bloody question directed at Lily from the boys mouth. Lily had stated that she wasn't bothered, that she was glad Potter had finally given up but Y/N wasn't so sure. James himself had been acting strange, instead directing his attention to Y/N herself. You were starting to wonder whether he was using you to get to Lily.
But not once had he even looked at Lily, not once had he even breathed in her direction. You were currently sat in the common room watching the four boys who called themselves the Marauders, play wizards chess. It was Lupin vs Black - with Lupin winning and Black throwing a fit.
"Its not fair, Moony! You have to be cheating," Black whined. Lupin snorted, shaking his head.
"I am merely using brains to figure out the next move, Padfoot. If that is cheating, then yes I am cheating."
"Seriously, Padfoot. You are such a sore loser," Potter laughed, slapping his friend on the back. He looked up, catching your eye, stopping in his tracks. Smiling in your direction, Potter turned shy. Black, noting the change in his friend, frowned and turned his attention to the room he currently occupied, trying to spy the person that Potter was looking at.
He smiled mischievously when he spotted you, causing you to frown. He winked at Potter, "Ay up Prongs!"
"Shut up, Padfoot," Potter hissed, a warning in his eyes. "Just leave it!"
"Nope. No can do, my good Prongsie-boy!" Black laughed. Lupin cleared his throat turning the attention of the two boys back to him.
"I think best to follow Prongs' instruction here, Padfoot," he smiled. "You don't need to go bothering Y/N."
You frowned even more, you're previous thought about him using you to get to Lily firing up your anger - for reasons you didn't know, there was no evidence to suggest he was using you. But still you sat up straighter and spoke loudly across the common room, at the boys in the corner.
"Yes Padfoot," you said, causing the boys to turn to you in surprise. "You don't need to go harassing me. If you're looking for Lily, Potter. I have no idea where she is but I do appreciate the notion to leave me alone!"
"Oh no, my dear. Prongs isn't looking for Evans. He was looking at you, you see he's very much over Evans, now that he's seen the light that is.. Well, you," Black admitted. Potter who had had a look of horror upon his face until now, started laughing, and shoving Black playfully. "Shut up Padfoot."
"Nice try, Black. I'm not falling for one of your idiotic pranks. Oh and just for future reference, don't go round implying that a guy likes a girl, someone other than me might actually take it to heart and believe you," You asserted, before standing and storming out of the Common Room towards the Great Hall.
You couldn't believe the nerve of Black, implying that Potter liked you over Lily. That's insane, and to be frank Potter wouldn't give up Lily just like that, especially for someone like you. It would be a lie to say that you didn't find Potter attractive, as it would be a lie to suggest you'd never had a crush on him, but you knew he would never see you when people like Lily were around. You knew you had insecurities but you weren't about to give Black the satisfaction of seeing them. No. So you stormed to the Great Hall with your head held high.
Upon entering the Great Hall, you quickly found a spot at the Gryffindor table, and pulled your homework out preparing to complete the dreaded essay for Defence Against the Dark Arts.
"Y/N?" You heard a quiet voice behind you. Turning around, you recognised Potter standing there, staring at you shyly. Weird and un-Potter like. "Do you mind if I sit down?"
"Its a free country. Do what you like," you stated, shrugging in an uncaring manner. He dropped down on the bench next to you, closer than necessary in your opinion but you mentally shrugged it off. You poured over your essay, feeling his eyes on you. This carried on for about 15 minutes before you finally had enough.
"What is it that you required, Potter?" You sighed, placing your quill down and turning to face him. He stared deep into your e/c eyes, as if searching for something. You'd become a master at hiding your emotions a long time ago, the boy wouldn't find anything unless you wanted him to find it.
"Please, call me James," He replied, smiling politely at you. You frowned, not sure what his game was.
"It appears you have many names. Potter, James, Prongs," you countered, raising an eyebrow at him. He laughed, nodding.
"I do. Potter, I find is quite formal and for aquaitances. Prongs, is used by the Marauders, or my friends," he chuckled, returning his gaze to your face.
"And James?" You questioned, adding a playful touch to your gaze. His smiled broaded, and he leant in to your space even more.
"James, I find, is more intimate. Especially in this place, everyone either calls me Potter, Mr Potter or Prongs," he whispered, causing your breath you catch.
"And why would you require intimacy from me, James?" You smirked, breaking eye contact, instead looking at your unfinished essay. You were flirting with James Potter. Could it be classed as flirting? You weren't sure, but you were happy to have this kind of attention from him.
"Well a beautiful girl like yourself, would be an honour to have that kind of thing from you," James murmured, lifting his hand to intertwine his fingers with yours. Your eyes widened, breathe quickened but you never once removed your hand from his. Smiling, you ran a hand through your curly h/c hair.
"Flattery will get you nowhere, James," You chided playfully. He laughed again, gaze on your intwined fingers.
"Who said it was flattery? I speak the truth, madam," James returned, his hold tightening slightly. His other hand, moved a stray piece of hair out of your face.
You were beginning to question his motives, but you still wished to know what his game was, whether he was using you to get to Lily or whether this was real. You decided honesty was best.
"Are you using me to get to Lily?" You whispered, vulnerability slipping through your tone. James' hold in your hand tightened further and he started shaking his head furiously.
"No. I wouldn't do that. I'm not that kind of person. I like you, Y/N. A lot. I might even go as far to say that I'm falling in love with you. You're different to Evans, you're prepared to help anyone who requires it even if they are a snivelling Slytherin. You're always smiling, and polite to everyone but you sure as Merlin know how to put up a good fight when people are walking all over you. You're special Y/N. I could go on forever but what I really want to say, well ask, is whether you would do me the honour of being my girlfriend?"
You stared at him, shocked. You had never heard anyone say anything like that to you before. Feeling tears prickling behind your eyes, you put your head down allowing your hair to fall in your eyes.
James lent forward, placing a kiss on top of your head before whispering, so only you could hear, "It's not Lily for me, not anymore Y/N. It's you."
"Yes," you whispered, looking up at him. "I'll go out with you."
He smiled, moving his arms to your waist so he could slide you further up the bench into his lap. In turn to wrapped your arms around his neck, meeting his lips with yours halfway. You didn't know what the future would bring for the two of you but all you did know, was in the space of 20 minutes, James Potter had not only made you feel like the most beautiful girl in the world but a princess. You were finally his princess.