Open Letter

This is a really short (and really bad) filler chapter.

*****

I woke up cuddled into my dad's side. When I tried to move I was hit with huge amount of pain in my ribs and arms. I let out this strangled and pain filled groan.

"You okay?" My dad asked tiredly.

"It hurts." I complained.

He held me closer to him. "I'm sorry this happened."

"Don't be." I said. "It was my fault. I didn't stay close by."

"I still should have kept a better eye on you." He murmured. I sighed and just tried my best to get comfortable.

"I love you." I said.

He kissed my forehead. "I love you more."

~~~~~

I stayed in my room for most of the next week. Every time I tried to get out of bed my dad yelled at me. I was starting to get a little stir crazy, so Party convinced him to let me at least roam around the dinner. I just wasn't allowed to climb up to the roof.

Today dad, Party, Jet and Ghoul went out on a run for Dr. Death. I don't know what they're doing, but they left me here with Midnight.

I was sitting in one of the booths when Midnight sat across from me. "How are you feeling?"

"My ribs still hurt." I said. "But my arms are healing and they haven't got infected."

He sighed. "I should have helped you."

"You did help." I argued. "You helped Party and Ghoul get me out of BL/ind."

"I could have made sure that you never got taken in the first place." He said looking away.

"And how would you do that?" I challenged. He stayed silent and fiddled with his fingers a bit.

"Hey." I said softly. "Thank you."

"For what." He asked a little confused. 

"For getting me out of there alive. Party and Ghoul wouldn't have been able to do that without you."

He gave me a small smile. "You're literally all I have left. I don't have my family, just you and your family. I wouldn't be able to go on if I lost you."

After sitting there in a comfortable silence, I got an idea. "Hey Dyl," I said getting his attention. "Wanna break some rules?"

He smirked. "What do you have in mind?"

~~~~~

"You know." Dylan said. "When you said break some rules. I expected something more exciting than me helping you get on the roof."

I laughed and leaned into him. "Well, I can't do anything too exciting yet. Plus think of the heart attack my dad's going to have when he sees me up here."

He chuckled. "You have an interesting relationship with your dad and uncles; even in the shitty position we're all in."

"They're all I have left." I said using his words from earlier. "At times we have to feel like some things are normal. We have to cover up the pain and sadness and replace it with better memories."

"You're wrong about one thing though." He said. I just gave him a questioning look.

"They're not all that you have." He said. "You have one more person who will always be there for you, someone who will do anything to protect you, someone who will do any and every stupid move to make sure your safe with your family, and you have another person who loves you."

"Dyl-"

"Let me finish." He quickly interrupted. "Ever since you found me, I've felt myself getting closer and closer to you. When Korse took you, I didn't know what to do. It took everything in me to not just go to BL/ind with no plan whatsoever."

He took a deep breath. "Anna, I really like you a lot and I kn-"

I cut him off by kissing him. It was a really short kiss, but it was amazing.

"That's one way of shutting me up." Dylan said blushing a little.

"Dylan, I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel anything for you." I said. "But relationships are extremely dangerous right now. I really really like you, but I don't want us to be used as targets for each other. It's bad enough that I'm a target already."

He nodded, "I understand. You're completely right."

We say up on the roof for a few more hours and talked about some mindless things. It was nice to get our minds off of everything for once.

"Thrill! Midnight! I swear to god if you're on the roof in going to kill you!" My dads voice rang from the diner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I'm not searching the sky for a reason to live
'Cause I found beauty right here and the passion to give,
So let me give you my heart, let me give you my tears,
Let me give you my life, let me give you my fears.

The Amity Affliction - Open Letter