A Twist In My Story

I woke up to quiet voices around me. I open my eyes a little and I see Party and Ghoul standing there staring at me. "What do you want?" I groaned.

"Get the fuck up!" Fun Ghoul shouted and picked me up running out of the room.

"Ghoul!" I shrieked. "What is wrong with you!"

"There are many things wrong with me and you know it." he said putting me down.

"Any particular reason you woke me up?" I asked.

"Yeah, we have to get to Zone 4. Dracs are closing in on that area and we need to help. Now go get dressed so we can leave!" he said pushing me away.

I roll my eyes and walk back into my room. I changed quickly and threw my hair in a very messy ponytail. I grabbed my jacket, bandana and ray gun and ran outside where the others were waiting for me.

The ride was quiet. A comfortable, preparing ourselves for battle, quiet. All of the rides are quiet when we don't know what the outcome could be.

Soon enough, we found ourselves in Zone 4. We saw a few bodies already and decided to go the rest of the way on foot.

"You stay by my side." My dad said.

"No promises." I muttered, tying my bandana across my face.

We all walked together until we came across one of the bases. There were bodies lying everywhere. Many killjoys, but they were mostly dracs.

Obviously I didn't listen to my dad, and I wondered a little bit behind them. I ended up walking inside one of the bases and just looking, hoping to find some survivors.

I could hear a bunch of rustling coming from the next room so I slowly made my way there with my laser gun ready.

When I walked in I saw a drac with his hands around a younger killjoy. I immediately jumped into action and kicked the drac off of him and shot it.

The boy, who was probably around my age, started coughing and gasping for air.

"Are you okay?" I asked helping him up.

"Yeah." He said. "Thank you."

He let out another breath and took off his glasses and untied the bandana wrapped around the bottom held of his face.

As soon as I got a good look at his face, my heart must have skipped a beat.

No way...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My world just flipped, turned upside down
It turns around, say what's that sound
I't's my heart beat, it's getting much louder

Secondhand Serenade - A Twist In My Story