Chapter 16 Reality Without You

(Pictured is Max Damen)

Chapter 16

David

The following morning I met Marcie for breakfast down in the hotel restaurant and found her sitting with a pretty, young blond haired woman.

"David, this is Molly, she's going to be your personal assistant while we're here. Max sent her."

I smiled at the young woman, "nice to meet you Molly," then turned to Marcie. "I need a personal assistant?"

"Yes, since you need to be back next week, we have a lot of ground to cover so I suggested Max let you borrow Molly here. She'll make sure you stay on schedule and have a chance to meet with everyone involved in the new project, she'll take all your notes, do research and get you any information you need. If you like her work, she can stay on as your PA after you get started with Max."

"You make it sound like it's a done deal."

"Both Max and I are confident that you are the perfect person to represent this clothing line David, the rest are details."

I looked over at Molly, "Well I don't know that I'll keep you that busy Molly, but I appreciate your help."

"Oh, it's my pleasure Mr. James. I love your work, I'm really excited to get to work with you." She flashed me a bright smile.

"It's just David," I quickly told her and returned the smile before opening my menu.

The rest of breakfast was mostly small talk, Molly filling us in on some of the people I would be meeting with, what Max Damen was really like and how excited she was about the new product line. When we finished I excused myself to go upstairs and freshen up before the car would take us to Max's offices.

"Molly, why don't you go up with David and fill him in on the morning schedule," Marcie suggested, we'll meet back in the hotel lobby in 10 minutes. Before I could open my mouth to object Marcie was halfway across the restaurant. I let out a sigh, I needed to freshen up, I didn't need company for that.

"I can wait downstairs if you'd prefer," Molly said in a quiet voice.

"No, no worries. Come on up, I won't take long, you can just make yourself comfortable in my suite while you wait." I placed my hand on her back to let her lead the way to the elevator. I was used to being around beautiful women as I'd modelled with some of the best, and I made it a point to always be a perfect gentleman around them. As we walked Molly gave me an outline of the day's meeting schedule. She spoke very quietly, which I found a little annoying as I had to keep leaning in to hear her.

Back in my suite I quickly excused myself and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth, use the john and wash my hands. We were meeting the car in 10 minutes so as soon as I finished I ushered Molly back out the door and towards the elevator.

"So, after the morning meetings we'll have lunch with Mr. Damen at his favorite restaurant, La Gavroche. I hope you like French cuisine, and then in the afternoon he'd like to take you over to his production site so you can see where everything's made. There will be plenty of photo ops all day long, Max is really excited and will want to get the word out as soon as the two of you come to an agreement."

After a while I tuned out of Molly's incessant talking and thought about Elliott. I wondered what he was doing. Probably still sleeping since New York was 6 hours behind. I'd have to keep an eye on the time and try to call him after he got up, but before he went to the studio since I didn't want to interrupt his work.